Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does someone have a list of known recent MEGO variants?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Does someone have a list of known recent MEGO variants?

Has anyone compiled a list of known MEGO variants from the newer releases (not the one off errors)? As an example Nosferatu Black coat and Grey coat or Freddy Krueger brown glove and green glove. I have been trying to be more active on this board but I always seem to be one of the last to know much due to my work schedule. I have been collecting most of the new figs and might have missed some. Also, would probably help others. Thanks in advance
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • darkmonkeygod
    Career Member
    • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Adam West
    Has anyone compiled a list of known MEGO variants from the newer releases (not the one off errors)?
    Don't have a list, but I too am interested, and was unaware of the Nosferatu variants. Is that the regular or glow?

The Freddys came in different waves with differing card backs, correct?

I know roughly the first half of the Invisible Man run did not have sunglasses, and that they were added to the back half of the manufacture, as the production was split by the new year.

I've seen multiple photos of Regan from The Exorcist packaged with her right arm raised (like the Chucky I own), but the example I have has both arms down.

The Dracula sold at SDCC that first year (how was that ONLY 2018?) has some minor printing differences from version which hit the shelves at Target, beyond just having a sticker with "ENDORSED" rather than being numbered, and I've long wondered if that is the case with any others from that first wave (or beyond).

Love to know more and have any of the above corrected or confirmed.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
      • Oct 15, 2018

I've personally seen Rocky packaging with or without the numbered sticker on the front. And Dr. Mego confirmed a Stan Lee running change to white sneakers. He was originally given darker shoes (factory error) but they were supposed to be the current white sneakers. So the first issued Stans are the error versions with darker shoes. Paul was unsure how many incorrect ones were made.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎