Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Origins series 2 comparison pics

Images

Masters of the Universe Origins series 2 comparison pics

My Walmart pre-order finally started showing up today. Yay!

The series 2 figures come with the new mini comic Double Trouble. The story is about Skeletor disguising himself as Orko and sneaking into Castle Grayskull.

Scareglow vintage vs Origins. There's no commemorative figure of Scareglow.

muoriginsglow.JPG

Origins Scareglow has a soft plastic cape. Fabric would have been nice but it's really well done. It's not the hard rigid plastic Classics used. It's very soft and has a nice texture to it. He is molded in glow plastic and does glow in the dark. I was surprised how different his bone pattern is in comparison to the vintage figure.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 29, '20 at 3:35 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Orko vintage vs Origins. There is no commemorative Orko. Yeah, what's up with that?

muoriginsorko.JPG

The vintage Orko came with a coin trick and a rip cord. He had sort of a spinning around feature. The only accessory Origins Orko comes with is his flight stand to mimic him levitating. It's molded in a translucent purple with glitter mixed in. Looks like a swirl of magic. I dig it. The sculpt is great. Spot on Filmation with bright colors. Best Orko they've ever done. Much better than the Classics version and shames the retro Super7 one.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 29, '20 at 3:35 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    the Orko picture didn't upload

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    the Orko picture didn't upload
    Weird, it's working for me. I will re-uploaded it.

Thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to getting these.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Happy to see these and I really like the new Orko, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Weird, it's working for me. I will re-uploaded it.
    thanks. works now. that origins looks soooo much better than the silly vintage one

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    thanks. works now. that origins looks soooo much better than the silly vintage one
    I still like the vintage one but the new one is certainly a welcome upgrade. I remember how excited I was when the original Orko figure came out. I was super happy there finally was an Orko. Before I got it I was using the little Orko eraser figure as a stand in.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 29, '20 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typos

Just got my ScareGlow, Orko and Man-E-Faces yesterday too, really loving how they turned out. Trap Jaw is supposed to be here in a couple days.
    The original Orko was one of my favorite figures, but this new one looks great.
    I think I actually prefer the origins ScareGlow, even with the plastic cape!

Images
    Man E Faces vintage vs Origins.

muoriginsfaces.JPG

The biggest change is obviously the color. Dark pumpkin orange versus the bright yellow orange of Origins Man E Faces. Another new change is Man E Faces can finally turn his head. He retains the vintage action feature while now having neck articulation. The new gun is also smaller.