X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins series 2 comparison pics

My Walmart pre-order finally started showing up today. Yay!

The series 2 figures come with the new mini comic Double Trouble. The story is about Skeletor disguising himself as Orko and sneaking into Castle Grayskull.

Scareglow vintage vs Origins. There's no commemorative figure of Scareglow.

muoriginsglow.JPG

Origins Scareglow has a soft plastic cape. Fabric would have been nice but it's really well done. It's not the hard rigid plastic Classics used. It's very soft and has a nice texture to it. He is molded in glow plastic and does glow in the dark. I was surprised how different his bone pattern is in comparison to the vintage figure.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 29, '20, 3:35 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Orko vintage vs Origins. There is no commemorative Orko. Yeah, what's up with that?

muoriginsorko.JPG

The vintage Orko came with a coin trick and a rip cord. He had sort of a spinning around feature. The only accessory Origins Orko comes with is his flight stand to mimic him levitating. It's molded in a translucent purple with glitter mixed in. Looks like a swirl of magic. I dig it. The sculpt is great. Spot on Filmation with bright colors. Best Orko they've ever done. Much better than the Classics version and shames the retro Super7 one.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 29, '20, 3:35 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

the Orko picture didn't upload

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        the Orko picture didn't upload
        Weird, it's working for me. I will re-uploaded it.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to getting these.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Happy to see these and I really like the new Orko, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Weird, it's working for me. I will re-uploaded it.
              thanks. works now. that origins looks soooo much better than the silly vintage one

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                thanks. works now. that origins looks soooo much better than the silly vintage one
                I still like the vintage one but the new one is certainly a welcome upgrade. I remember how excited I was when the original Orko figure came out. I was super happy there finally was an Orko. Before I got it I was using the little Orko eraser figure as a stand in.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 29, '20, 11:44 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Just got my ScareGlow, Orko and Man-E-Faces yesterday too, really loving how they turned out. Trap Jaw is supposed to be here in a couple days.
                  The original Orko was one of my favorite figures, but this new one looks great.
                  I think I actually prefer the origins ScareGlow, even with the plastic cape!

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Man E Faces vintage vs Origins.

muoriginsfaces.JPG

The biggest change is obviously the color. Dark pumpkin orange versus the bright yellow orange of Origins Man E Faces. Another new change is Man E Faces can finally turn his head. He retains the vintage action feature while now having neck articulation. The new gun is also smaller.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I see they have the tubes clearly running into his mechanical parts, as a kid, the thing that freaked me out most about the figure was the tubes running into the flesh! That's some Cronenberg body horror right there!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        I see they have the tubes clearly running into his mechanical parts, as a kid, the thing that freaked me out most about the figure was the tubes running into the flesh! That's some Cronenberg body horror right there!
                        Yeah, that was a little gruesome. Origins Man E is definitely based more on the vintage cross sell art than the original toy. I also think the lack of paint on the original figure made it look worse than it was.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I like the proportions of the new figure. I was about to say the same thing about the paint masking on the original figure.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Trap Jaw. Vintage, Origins and commemorative.

muoriginstj.JPG

A really stellar figure. He follows all the Origins figures of having slightly brighter colors than the originals. He comes with all three classic arm attachments. Oddly the commemorative figure omitted the hook. They've also added a clip to the hook so it can hang on the belt easier. He does still have an articulated jaw. His cyborg arm retains the full articulation of the other Origins figure. Unlike the vintage and the commemorative figure, his cyborg shoulder pauldron isn't a separate piece. They actually sculpted a new torso with it molded on. I did not expect that. Like the vintage figure he shares legs with Man E Faces.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

So cool. Is Kronis (his AE) too much to ask?

I have to get these!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎