X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Figured I'd share personal story

My wife's uncle died very unexpectedly the day we brought our baby girl home from the hospital. At the beginning of COVID-19, in March. Coupled with a new baby, and COVID-19 stress, we couldn't have a funeral for over a month. At which time only 8 of us were allowed. Obviously not the way we'd have liked to pay our respects. It's been hard. This morning (I work a lot) while upstairs, my wife texted me the below. I asked if I could share and she said "cool." I changed his name for her privacy. By the way, our family are avid cruisers (including cruises we took with him) Let me know your thoughts:
    "Just woke up from a dream. Had to share:
    Somehow i was disembarking a cruise ship. Mom somehow was on the port dock waiting for me, but i left something i guess and went back on board. I was later trying to exit the ship and then was quickly circling the flights of stairs (cause we all know the elevators wont be available) going down. And suddenly i stop cause something in my peripheral on the landing catches my eye. I see these dark sneakers, blue jeans, no belt, collared shirt tucked in (his classic outift). John was leaning against the wall just people watching. I quickly stop and head back up to the landing, he sees me and i ask 'arent you getting off, moms already at the dock." He looks at me so casually and calmly and says "no, i dont get off. I stay on.'
    I say "but doesnt the same ship get boring after a while?' And he answers back,"I follow the seasons, it isnt too bad.' ( Which i keep changing my opinion of what this means ) And as he said it i had this vision of the bow Of the ship gliding through the water. And then him again. Just leaning against the wall. Just being him, and looking at me and the sea of people rushing around us on the stairwell. I woke up and have been a sea of tears. At the funeral i had prayed he was on a lifetime of cruises getting to visit everywhere he wanted to go. I hope he is. I love him. In tears, had to share."
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Poignant, thank you for sharing. Sometimes our dream are fears or hopes, sometimes they are true in the best sense.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Many times, after I lost someone close to me, I had very vivid dreams where they appeared to me. I don't know if it is just your brain processing tremendous grief or something more, but I have always found them a tremendous comfort. I hope it is for your wife as well. May her uncle find peace and smooth sailing on his journey.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎