X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Belated Halloween decoration post

Wanted to get this posted a while ago, but life. It seemed that retail was in the same funk for Halloween as I was for life in general this season. Aside from the two 12" blow molds from Big Lots shown below, I had pretty much given up on finding anything else. I happened to venture to an out of the way Kroger and had a little luck. I need to post one more pic that I must have deleted and will need retaken that includes a Yoda-like child character.

Big Lots 12"

Hallo1.jpg

Kroger offerings

Hallo2.jpg

What I bought

Hallo3.jpg

Also some ceramic trees that I am powerless to resist

Hallo4.jpg

And head start for Christmas from Menard's - I had to have the Grinch

Hallo3christmas.jpg
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Those halloween kitties at Krogers are adorbs!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Those halloween kitties at Krogers are adorbs!
      I like the black ones EXCEPT that I can't stand when purple gets slid into the equation. Orange, black, white for ghosts and skeletons.....maybe red or yellow for eyes. The rest is blasphemy! I'm thinking of making the one I did buy into a Christmas cat:-)

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

The item I saw that I liked best was the Billy Butcherson tombstone replica from Hocus Pocus. Sadly it sold out at Spirit, and was not restocked.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I love purple. I think the little witch cat is cute as heck. It's kind of tie between the witch cat and the kitten peeking out of the Jack O' Lantern. So cute.

Thanks for posting these. I needed the cheering up.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I love purple. I think the little witch cat is cute as heck. It's kind of tie between the witch cat and the kitten peeking out of the Jack O' Lantern. So cute.

Thanks for posting these. I needed the cheering up.
            You are welcome. I'm picturing the witch cat with the purple bits in red. I may go back for that one.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

We had a really great thread last year. It really feels like this year is a low key affair.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Man, I wish I had gotten to a proper Kroger's this year! Ruler's, which is a discount Kroger offshoot we have in our town, had the kitty-in-pumpkin blow mold (which I bought a few years back), and the witch kitty. I passed on the witch kitty since it was so similar, hoping to find it marked down this week. But alas, it's gone!

There's a Menard's in Louisville I need to check out. Also Lowes, Home Depot and some Walmarts have quite a few blow molds for Christmas this year. They are definitely back in style!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

A little bit of reimagining could get you a Krypto and Streaky

Comment

• justzeg18
                    Career Member
                    • May 5, 2003

Walmart also had a 24” version of the classic empire pumpkinman.

The first pics are after I repainted mine, the last one is how it comes from the store.
                    Last edited by justzeg18; Oct 28, '20, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Here's this years's blow mold displays.

I put all the small interior ones together this year, minus the ghost one from Big Lots Steve posted above:

And now for the outside:

The ghost and cat below I found discarded in the trash along the road right after Halloween last year. A little cleaning and some minor heating and popping out of dents in the ghost and they look great and were FREE!!!

You can kind of see the revised pumpkin pail totem pole I made on the porch. I should have taken a better picture of the whole thing:

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

That's awesome! What a terrific collection and you have Halloween Smurfs on display too.

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

I went back and snagged witch cat, and here's the child plush I mentioned. I don't normally do plush, but the little critter is big in my house. We kind of wussed out this year on decorations, most of my stuff is still in totes. Maybe next year.

Halloween2020.jpg

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by justzeg18
                            Walmart also had a 24” version of the classic empire pumpkinman.

The first pics are after I repainted mine, the last one is how it comes from the store.
                            I would have gotten that but I didn't come across it. That looks fantastic.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                              Career Member
                              • May 14, 2007

I found mini figurines at the local Dollar Tree this year:
                              boofigurine.jpg
                              ripfigurine01.jpg
                              ripfigurine02.jpg
                              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎