Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

I'm not sick to death of Star Trek. I don't think any real Star Trek fans are. I do agree the Irwin Allen classics would make great figures for fans of those shows.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Another Kirk with a different uniform ?

Another Picard as a Borg?

Meh ….

How about Admiral Nelson, Captain Crane ?

Tony ? …. Doug ?

How about Captain Steve Burton and Co-Pilot Dan Erickson ?

What about Professor John Robinson ?

All these or another Captain Kirk AS -----whatever

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I'm uncertain, didn't the two-pack diorama sets falter?
        the sit com ones yes. Trek ones did fine.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Sounds like the other toy makers. Doesn't sound like Mego. Part of my love for mego is the simple innocent charm. This wouldn't appeal to me but I see how it could to others who collect Hot Toys, Neca or Mezco.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I don't get that?… Mego made lots of accessories and playsets, and even sold multi-packs. None of those elements/efforts negatively impacted the brand, quite the opposite with many of those items being popular at the time and [still and maybe more so!] highly sought after now.

It's also the 21st Century and we're already seeing the contemporary Mego proving that little wow factor goes a long way.
            Last edited by Confessional; Oct 27, '20, 8:25 AM. Reason: … give them things to hold and use!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I think the Spock gift set proves Mego is open to the concept as long it has vendor support.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

i'm not tired of Trek either, that's pretty much the only guaranteed buys for me. everything else i wait to see what it looks like before i order. Mike, i don't even know who any of those characters you mention are

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

It occurs to me how much of the ideas suggested in this thread are happening in Mego's recent releases. The GI Joe release has the higher-end body and the oodles of accessories. The Topps releases are using the collector-friendly "Kickstarter" approach.

I just want to express my appreciation for Mego being in tune with their customers. I know the Hasbro and Topps figures are a bit of a gamble, but I am excited to see they are continuing to grow and try new things. I couldn't be happier.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                    It occurs to me how much of the ideas suggested in this thread are happening in Mego's recent releases. The GI Joe release has the higher-end body and the oodles of accessories. The Topps releases are using the collector-friendly "Kickstarter" approach.

I just want to express my appreciation for Mego being in tune with their customers. I know the Hasbro and Topps figures are a bit of a gamble, but I am excited to see they are continuing to grow and try new things. I couldn't be happier.
                    I'm just praying that Mego can keep going for years to come so I can get some lesser known DC characters!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎