Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mego "Select Edition"

Images
    IMO, Mego needs to get away from anything Star Trek

People are sick to death of Star Trek

Irwin Allen Classics …. THAT'S THE TICKET !!!
    .................................................. .......................

Maybe I’m bias but Star Trek is a very popular line then and now, we bought them back then to play with, now we buy to display and support mego. People who are sick to death with Star Trek are in the minority, IMO. The problem for me is, less variants and more new characters. Scotty-McCoy-Chapel, Klingon and Andorian would be a nice addition, instead of variants of Kirk and Spock. We got a correct Gorn and I would love to see a correct Talosian and Mugato, I think people would buy those. I also like what mego is doing with TNG, and hopefully we will see the rest of the crew and Klingons and Romulans too.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    Maybe I’m bias but Star Trek is a very popular line then and now, we bought them back then to play with, now we buy to display and support mego. People who are sick to death with Star Trek are in the minority, IMO. The problem for me is, less variants and more new characters. Scotty-McCoy-Chapel, Klingon and Andorian would be a nice addition, instead of variants of Kirk and Spock. We got a correct Gorn and I would love to see a correct Talosian and Mugato, I think people would buy those. I also like what mego is doing with TNG, and hopefully we will see the rest of the crew and Klingons and Romulans too.
    Agree with everything you said, especially for TOS. Thanks,

Barnabas Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mego-Amigo View Post
    I like the idea of crowd funded / kickstarter for characters that might not be produced for mass market retail. Characters from ST Original Series that some of us have been requesting forever like Chapel, Rand, Vina, Marta, Sarek and Amanda. I would gladly fork over money to help fund characters like these. When Mego started up again I was certainly hoping to see all these by now but I am losing hope every wave that comes out. Love most of what they're doing but I'm not a big fan of multiple variants of the most popular characters.
    I'd be all over this.

Barnabas Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    IMO, Mego needs to get away from anything Star Trek

People are sick to death of Star Trek

Irwin Allen Classics …. THAT'S THE TICKET !!!
    Why not Irwin Allen classics and TOS? I'd go for both.

Barnabas Collins

I'm not sick to death of Star Trek. I don't think any real Star Trek fans are. I do agree the Irwin Allen classics would make great figures for fans of those shows.

Images
    Another Kirk with a different uniform ?

Another Picard as a Borg?

Meh ….

How about Admiral Nelson, Captain Crane ?

Tony ? …. Doug ?

How about Captain Steve Burton and Co-Pilot Dan Erickson ?

What about Professor John Robinson ?

All these or another Captain Kirk AS -----whatever
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I'm uncertain, didn't the two-pack diorama sets falter?
    the sit com ones yes. Trek ones did fine.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Sounds like the other toy makers. Doesn't sound like Mego. Part of my love for mego is the simple innocent charm. This wouldn't appeal to me but I see how it could to others who collect Hot Toys, Neca or Mezco.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

^^ I don't get that?… Mego made lots of accessories and playsets, and even sold multi-packs. None of those elements/efforts negatively impacted the brand, quite the opposite with many of those items being popular at the time and [still and maybe more so!] highly sought after now.

It's also the 21st Century and we're already seeing the contemporary Mego proving that little wow factor goes a long way.
    Last edited by Confessional; Oct 27, '20 at 8:25 AM. Reason: … give them things to hold and use!