Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian retro figures

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Sure there will be some 70s kids that will buy them. But how many and that doesn't change that Mandalarian's target demo are people that didn't grow up with 5 POA Kenner figures.
    I totally disagree, it's set in the post Jedi era, it has 70s kids attention, that I'm certain of. For instance, I like the show, it's the only NU SW thing I sincerely enjoy, I know a lot of people my age who feel the same. I think these will be popular enough to warrant their existence.

Depending on price point and availability, I might pick these up. They certainly caught my interest and I haven't bought Star Wars toys in many years.

-M

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I totally disagree, it's set in the post Jedi era, it has 70s kids attention, that I'm certain of.
    Sure but we are an added bonus not the target demo. Kids that grew up watching the Clone Wars are.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

from hasbro pulse they run for 9.99(modern ones are 12.99) so not a bad price these days .they sold out quickly at HP but i pre-ordered the, at BBTS.

Sure but we are an added bonus not the target demo. Kids that grew up watching the Clone Wars are.
    Not trying to argue with you, but this is wrong. As much as Hasbro and other companies will tell you they're making children's toys, lots of them aren't. Hasbro made these particular figures for 30-60 year old men. Children are the added bonus here.

Images
    Mandalorian isn't Matlock. Disney's target demo for the show isn't 60 year olds.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

The Retro Collection should be reserved for Original Trilogy characters. Reissues of figures that were originally released 78-85 and newly created figures in the retro style from those three films. Disney SW no matter what era it's set in is out of place in the Retro Collection.

Images
    i disagree with that. we are the target audience. that's why they throw in things like the Kenner troop transport. Favreau gets it because he is our age too

Images
    No way they would make these if it wasn't for the OG Star Wars collector still out there. We're getting old but 5 points of articulation still gets our blood flowing!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    i disagree with that. we are the target audience. that's why they throw in things like the Kenner troop transport. Favreau gets it because he is our age too
    I really like the Transformers Cyberverse series and it had lots of nods to the original Transformers series. But the primary intended audience was still kids.

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    No way they would make these if it wasn't for the OG Star Wars collector still out there. We're getting old but 5 points of articulation still gets our blood flowing!
    The SW original trilogy retro Kenner collection is aimed at us. That's probably why Target stocked it in with the Fathers Day stuff. But we are not Disney's primary demo for the Mandalorian. That's why I don't think retro Kenner Mando figures are the best fit for it. I'm not knocking the figures. Again, I think they are nice.