Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandalorian retro figures

Mandalorian retro figures

Finally we are getting something new in the style of vintage figures, surely Disney has to release something from the SW saga in this style, apart from the rehashes weve already got.

https://jediinsider.com/8-22521?fbcl...bzhY3RI8sVDm6Q

Images
    I'll get these if their not $25 a piece. Not sure why they added a long coat on Mando.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, I like these a lot. Probably won't buy them but thumb's up.

My kid collects modern SW but articulation=childhood to him, so these won't be on his wish list.

Images
    Those are pretty cool, the vinyl coats do look a little odd..

Blog Entries
    Kenner didn't give Boba a vinyl cape so as much as little details are nice, it looks odd on mando as a result.

Images
    They look nice but I'm not sure Mandalorian viewers equals nostalgia buyers. Seems an odd fit to me. I think it would make more sense putting more effort into vintage retro with the original trilogy.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Evidently, I’m one of the Mandalorian viewers/nostalgia buyers so I’m certainly going to try to find them. I kind of hope nobody wants them so I’ll have no problem finding them!!

I wonder if I can modify the cape to hook over the head and “drape” over the shoulder. Or I can just put the cape in the trash can, as far as that goes.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Evidently, I’m one of the Mandalorian viewers/nostalgia buyers so I’m certainly going to try to find them.
    Sure there will be some 70s kids that will buy them. But how many and that doesn't change that Mandalarian's target demo are people that didn't grow up with 5 POA Kenner figures.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    These are really nice! I think there's quite a bit of crossover, since Mando harkens back to earlier Star Wars in a lot of ways. I believe there is a contingent of fans who don't like the prequels, and/or the Disney films, but feel like Mando fits in with the original trilogy aesthetic more.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Kenner didn't give Boba a vinyl cape so as much as little details are nice, it looks odd on mando as a result.
    The last figures that had vinyl capes were Lando and bespin leia in 1980. There was cloth capes by Jedi.
    Its a bit like seeing oven mits on custom megos. When mego stopped doing that by 1975.