X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Mandalorian retro figures

Finally we are getting something new in the style of vintage figures, surely Disney has to release something from the SW saga in this style, apart from the rehashes weve already got.

• Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I'll get these if their not $25 a piece. Not sure why they added a long coat on Mando.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oh wow, I like these a lot. Probably won't buy them but thumb's up.

My kid collects modern SW but articulation=childhood to him, so these won't be on his wish list.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Those are pretty cool, the vinyl coats do look a little odd..
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Kenner didn't give Boba a vinyl cape so as much as little details are nice, it looks odd on mando as a result.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

They look nice but I'm not sure Mandalorian viewers equals nostalgia buyers. Seems an odd fit to me. I think it would make more sense putting more effort into vintage retro with the original trilogy.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Evidently, I’m one of the Mandalorian viewers/nostalgia buyers so I’m certainly going to try to find them. I kind of hope nobody wants them so I’ll have no problem finding them!!

I wonder if I can modify the cape to hook over the head and “drape” over the shoulder. Or I can just put the cape in the trash can, as far as that goes.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                Evidently, I’m one of the Mandalorian viewers/nostalgia buyers so I’m certainly going to try to find them.
                Sure there will be some 70s kids that will buy them. But how many and that doesn't change that Mandalarian's target demo are people that didn't grow up with 5 POA Kenner figures.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

These are really nice! I think there's quite a bit of crossover, since Mando harkens back to earlier Star Wars in a lot of ways. I believe there is a contingent of fans who don't like the prequels, and/or the Disney films, but feel like Mando fits in with the original trilogy aesthetic more.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Kenner didn't give Boba a vinyl cape so as much as little details are nice, it looks odd on mando as a result.
                    The last figures that had vinyl capes were Lando and bespin leia in 1980. There was cloth capes by Jedi.
                    Its a bit like seeing oven mits on custom megos. When mego stopped doing that by 1975.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      Sure there will be some 70s kids that will buy them. But how many and that doesn't change that Mandalarian's target demo are people that didn't grow up with 5 POA Kenner figures.
                      I totally disagree, it's set in the post Jedi era, it has 70s kids attention, that I'm certain of. For instance, I like the show, it's the only NU SW thing I sincerely enjoy, I know a lot of people my age who feel the same. I think these will be popular enough to warrant their existence.

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Depending on price point and availability, I might pick these up. They certainly caught my interest and I haven't bought Star Wars toys in many years.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          I totally disagree, it's set in the post Jedi era, it has 70s kids attention, that I'm certain of.
                          Sure but we are an added bonus not the target demo. Kids that grew up watching the Clone Wars are.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

from hasbro pulse they run for 9.99(modern ones are 12.99) so not a bad price these days .they sold out quickly at HP but i pre-ordered the, at BBTS.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              Sure but we are an added bonus not the target demo. Kids that grew up watching the Clone Wars are.
                              Not trying to argue with you, but this is wrong. As much as Hasbro and other companies will tell you they're making children's toys, lots of them aren't. Hasbro made these particular figures for 30-60 year old men. Children are the added bonus here.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎