X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Monster High It and Shining dolls.

Monster High It Pennywise and Shining Grady Twins.

More On The Monster High Skullector It Pennywise and The Shining Grady Twin Dolls From Mattel

Not exactly what I'd hoped for the MH 10th anniversary.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that's interesting. so they are just doll versions of the movie characters? not children of the monsters like every other MH doll? though I guess in the case of Pennywise it could be since the doll is female. those are pricey though

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

they are priced way to high

Skullector It Pennywise $59.99
      Skullector It Pennywise.jpg

Shining Grady Twin Dolls $74.99
      Shining Grady Twin Dolls.jpg

The will be available Friday Oct. 23
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

So is Mattel after Living Dead Dolls money? This seems very odd for what is ostensibly a kids play line. I know the classic monsters (which Monster High is based on) killed people, so maybe we're splitting hairs, but can Frederica Kruger be far behind?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

These are adult collector dolls for Mattel Creations my guess is they are not in canon to the MH universe. At least I hope not. Probably just a few exclusive Pop culture dolls to keep the brand name alive. I have zero interest in them.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
            These are adult collector dolls for Mattel Creations my guess is they are not in canon to the MH universe. At least I hope not. Probably just a few exclusive Pop culture dolls to keep the brand name alive. I have zero interest in them.
            Well, I get the connection to monsters with the choice of Pennywise, but the entire concept of 'kids of famous monsters/creatures' is pretty much thrown away here. I concur that, although they are well made and probably will connect with a certain audience, I won't be dropping any coin on these. Part of the attraction to the first edition MH characters was in the backstory behind them. I suppose this is aimed at the monster version of the collectors that would buy Mattel Barbie property tie ins like Addams Family and Star Trek. The concept just does not seem to mesh well with MH, beyond using the caricature aesthetic.

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

They're trying to rake in some adult collector dough, period.

Dana
              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

They look more like Blythe Dolls.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢