X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Plaidstallions Sid and Marty Krofft Halloween Costume Gallery

One of the biggest influences of my childhood were the Saturday morning programs created by the famed Canadian brothers Sid and Marty Krofft. I don’t think I was alone judging by the amazing variety of Halloween costumes available almost every year of my childhood. Thanks to my pal Dave McKroffterson AKA Kroftty for sharing his […]

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I only vaguely recall the heyday of the Kroffts, with Wonder Bug the only memory that seems to have stuck. I do remember Truck Shackley from the Mandrell Sisters show, since my parents were big into Country Music. I couldn't recall his name until I read it here though.

But either way, those costumes are fantastic. The properties seemed tailor-made for the day-glow standards of the day.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Awesome Krofft collection. I never saw any of these back in the day.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

That was almost too much awesome to take in one sitting!!! I was definitely smack in the middle of Kroft heyday. Add in Saturday morning, those classic Halloween costumes and my head exploded!!

To this day, however, I am still puzzled by the choice to almost always place a picture of the character on the vinyl jumpsuit. Why?!? Did they really think kids who wanted to dress as the character would otherwise be unable to identify them? Even as a kid, I was happy they at least limited Batman's label to the mask.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

They made a costume of HooDoo? Oh. My. Gosh. Fond of all Krofft, but adore Lidsville.

When I showed my partner a clip on youtube, he said he felt he had just tried acid lol.

Great to see all of these.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I like the Bigfoot costume, never saw that as a kid, would have begged Mom for it.

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              They made a costume of HooDoo? Oh. My. Gosh. Fond of all Krofft, but adore Lidsville.

When I showed my partner a clip on youtube, he said he felt he had just tried acid lol.
              I'm with your partner. As much as I loved the Kroft shows, Lidsville always felt hauntingly askew, like those creatures were about to gruesomely kill that kid. It creeped me out.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

For me, the creepy characters were HRP's Freddy the Flute (mainly his voice, I guess) and Seymour spider. I really enjoyed Witchipoo, though.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 24, '20, 2:02 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• shazam7208
                  Career Member
                  • Oct 28, 2008

I love these!

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                    Youngest Mego Fan
                    • Aug 30, 2019

Krofft stuff gives me nightmares, TBH. I do like Pink Lady and Jeff and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, though.
                    FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      I like the Bigfoot costume, never saw that as a kid, would have begged Mom for it.
                      I think I had that hairless mask. Mom had made me a fake fur jumpsuit to be Chewbacca one Hallowe'en, I recycled it later without the bandolier/purse (yeah...I could do a whole thread about that purse lol) to make Bigfoot.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 25, '20, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

a C.N.R Halloween costume ???????

I am soooo there !!!

BTW, back in the day …

When Paul Simon was singing "Who do, Who do you think you're fooling" on "Love Me Like a Rock" thought he was singing about Hoo Doo from Lidsville ?
                        Last edited by Mikey; Oct 26, '20, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎