X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

HULK!!!

All new Hulk, really wanted a huge monstrous Hulk for my original Avengers in progress. This guy stands 14 inches tall and is built on a plastic doll armature so its very posable fabric skin stuffed with fiber fill and foam. Head hands and feet sculpted by me along with the truck bumper and axle. Fingers are articulated by wire overwrapped with craft foam. and yes 4 fingers and 3 toes like Kirby did him in early Avengers and FF.

I will get a scale pic with Thor and Iron Man soon, too windy now.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Oct 18, '20, 4:32 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Simian and a bit troll-like--I like it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

That’s some serious Hulk custom work, looks awesome.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

That is great! Love the look of this figure and the articulated fingers. And is that plumber's crack in the 7th pic? lol

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Fierce looking figure... Looks like a lot of work went into making him.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

That is one friggin awesome Hulk... has a bit of a Mignola feel to it
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Great proportions!… and craft foam fingers?!?, wow, they look like cast latex!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Nope all foam. Thicker foam sandwiched around wire then wrapped with the thinner stuff. Then sculpted to get wrinkles and nails

Originally posted by Confessional
                Great proportions!… and craft foam fingers?!?, wow, they look like cast latex!
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• battmasterson
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 22, 2010

Great Job! Awesome.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Meule
                    That is one friggin awesome Hulk... has a bit of a Mignola feel to it
                    wasn't planned but my favorite artist so thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎