X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Helstrom

Is anybody watching? I had no clue it was coming out already.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed this character back in the day, in Defenders.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Because it is on Hulu I cannot watch it.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        It's nothing like that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I assumed that--most Marvel stuff is that way. I mean, they made Daredevil's archfoe The Owl an elderly accountant lol. And too, Son of Satan has been revised a few times in the comics themselves.

My guess was that the show followed some sort of diabolic Constantine-esque route. Did you like it if you've watched it?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I'm not sure exactly the deal... but this was made as a contractual obligation or something. It supposedly will be a one season and done. That makes it hard for me to invest in it.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by sprytel
              I'm not sure exactly the deal... but this was made as a contractual obligation or something. It supposedly will be a one season and done. That makes it hard for me to invest in it.
              The single season doesn't bother me if they approach it like the original "V". Something that was only intended on going that long. Of course, "V" kept on going but you know what I mean.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I'm finding it hard to watch because it's kind of boring. It doesn't seem like a Marvel property at all.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I am waiting on MODOK personally.

Shades of Robot CHicken
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    You mean when he was called Damian Hellstorm Yeah, I really have no desire to see this series at all. All the liberties they are taking with the name and story already has turned me off. LOVE!!! Defenders, it was the first series I ever completed, but this is just Disney or whomever is doing this taking way too many liberties with the character. Just as bad as when they called Daredevil / Jessica Jones / Luke Cage the Defenders. Pass. If they bring the 6 fingered hand into the TV series I will laugh my butt off. That is, in my opinion, where Defenders went really bad as far as a comic book series. They almost rescued it when it got cancelled because Marvel wanted to do X-Factor and needed Beast, Iceman, and Angel. Actually enjoyed that part of the Defenders run.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Loved his early stuff from the comics, but did not like this series at all.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        You mean when he was called Damian Hellstorm Yeah, I really have no desire to see this series at all. All the liberties they are taking with the name and story already has turned me off. LOVE!!! Defenders, it was the first series I ever completed, but this is just Disney or whomever is doing this taking way too many liberties with the character. Just as bad as when they called Daredevil / Jessica Jones / Luke Cage the Defenders. Pass. If they bring the 6 fingered hand into the TV series I will laugh my butt off. That is, in my opinion, where Defenders went really bad as far as a comic book series. They almost rescued it when it got cancelled because Marvel wanted to do X-Factor and needed Beast, Iceman, and Angel. Actually enjoyed that part of the Defenders run.
                        Daimon Hellstrom you mean.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Daimon Hellstrom you mean.
                          My bad...but in my defense his last name was Hellstorm in his second comic book series from Wiki:

"In 1993, he received his own series once more with Hellstorm: Prince of Lies. As suggested by the title, his surname was spelled "Hellstorm" during this series. Rafael Nieves wrote the first four issues; Len Kaminski took over as scripter until issue #11. Warren Ellis then took over as writer until the series' cancellation with #21."

That was the series I remember more than his first series or his Spotlight appearance

It also looks like Marvel/Disney is also overlooking his marriage to Hellcat / Patsy Walker in the TV series too. Like I said...too many liberties in my opinion.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

Hulk Hogan proved you can pull off Daimon Hellstrom costume in live action.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

One critic called it DOA. That's not a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎