X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Still on the lookout

While going to pick up my nephew for the weekend I stopped at a Walmart near Houston and the shelves were set but empty. They did have this great display I really wanted to take!!!
    20201023_131822[1].jpg

20201023_131838[1].jpg

20201023_131816[1].jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

My local Walmart is on the list again but they never had anything the first time. Right now they seem to be undergoing the same change that MRP mentioned. I was recently in a different Wal-Mart that is now on the list but they had nothing but did have pegs marked for MEGOs which was nice to see.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i went to one of the Walmarts within driving distance. nothing. not even a set up.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Was in my local Walmart. No figures but there are pegs designated for MEGO. Hopefully they will have figures soon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I went to two Walmarts on the list and nothing. Not even pegs assigned to them. Nobody knew anything about them, either.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Before this goes south like Facebook, a gentle disclaimer, not pointed anyone here.

I posted this because I wanted to help collectors, I don't work at Wal-Mart, I don't work at Mego.

I spent about two hours of my Saturday working on it and wow, the stream of negativity and bile on social media (not here) pointed at the Museum actually gave me something of an existential crisis. One guy just kept posting " FILTHY LIAR!" on all of our posts, I know it's 2020 but that's not an acceptable reaction to not finding a doll. Our intention was merely to be helpful.

Understand that people are frustrated about this but it's Wal-Mart's initiative, I doubt they would give Mego bad data but none of us know how the roll-out is being executed. I know for a fact that they have an inventory of Saru, Creature, and Chucky, they have all been sighted across the country.

I don't have anything else to say on this matter, I hope you all get what you're looking for. I have zero Wal-Marts on the list.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

As much as it was fun to find them at Target, I have no intention of seeking anything out at Walshaft! Living in a region where many people still think the virus is a political hoax combined with the overall historic, ultra-bad experience of shopping at those places, no thanks. Plenty of other ways to get yer toys in the 21st C; people are just irrational, silly and way too on edge.

Contemplate goodness and consider listening to Karen-O and Willie Nelson's cover of Under Pressure instead.
                Karen O and Willie Nelson unveil their cover of the iconic David Bowie and Queen classic "Under Pressure". Karen O: Vocals Willie Nelson: VocalsDave Sitek: P...

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the effort on this list and everything else you do, palitoy. Maybe it's just my age and/or where I am at in life, but I just can't get upset at not finding or getting the collectibles or toys that I want. Disappointed? Yep! Upset? In the past, sure. Vile, rude and cruel? Never.

That said, I am excited that a bunch of Walmarts in my area are on the list! Even if I only dare to venture into one of them during this pandemic.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

I had a pretty positive chat with one of the folks in the electronics section of our local. He said they had space for them but they hadn't received shipment yet. He estimated the first week of Nov. I'm taking that with a grain of salt since I am pretty sure that person did not have a list of exact items scheduled for delivery and even if they did, things can get delayed for many reasons. But, I am pretty certain that the store will have some MEGO presence in time for some holiday shopping and I am looking forward to seeing these in the wild.
                    I also wanted to add a thanks for posting that new list of stores up. I would not have known to check with my local, and honestly would not have thought they would be carrying these, without seeing that info.
                    Last edited by rche; Oct 29, '20, 5:53 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

As you well know, no good deed goes unpunished.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 30, 2012

Walmart in my hometown of Poulsbo, Washington is on the list. Luckily it's only a couple of hours via Kitsap Transit.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Bionicfanboy66
                          Walmart in my hometown of Poulsbo, Washington is on the list. Luckily it's only a couple of hours via Kitsap Transit.
                          Not to discourage you, Bionic, but my experiece is that these are dripping into the stores not in full cases, but in twos and fours. I assume it's not a trip on the ferry, but I wouldn't travel that sort of distance, I'd make a surer bet and order from one of the hobbyists selling them pre-order (which, given my experience with the wave 7 restock, isn't a 100% guarantee, but it sure looks like other wholesale accounts will have them).

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

I just saw Chucky, Hannibal, and Stan Lee in the Walmart in Hoover, AL. They all look fantastic, especially Chucky. They didn't have Saru or Creature which are the only ones I'm looking for at the moment, but these are getting out there.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎