X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego 2020 Wal-Mart Store Locator

Mego action figures are expanding to over 2,000 Wal-Mart stores this month and thanks to our friends at Mego Corp we have details of the roll-out and every store you’ll be able to find some eight-inch characters in the adult collectibles section.     Wal-Mart stores will be receiving figures from Wave 8 and…

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks to Mego Corp. and you for posting this. Pleased to see my three local stores listed.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

cool. the ones near me are also all on there. unfortunately, the nearest to me are 45 minutes in any direction.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Lots of Walmart’s in my area are carrying Mego... yay!!!!

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Now for the Walmarts to get them in...and what wave will they start on??
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Excellent! That gives me a 2nd Walmart I can't haunt for Megos, thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I saw a couple in my area as well, will be checking them out.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

well there are three listed that I frequent, but it doesn't matter as I order my megos online. I have noticed at one walmart collectibles are locked now in a case.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

When should we start seeing them stocked?

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

That's all up to Wal-Mart as they have the product, some stores set them up already but I'd say it's a minority. Hopefully in the next week?
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Went from 1 to 3 in my area so good deal.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
                          That's all up to Wal-Mart as they have the product, some stores set them up already but I'd say it's a minority. Hopefully in the next week?
                          I went to both Walmarts here in town, both on the list and both had previously carried Megos as part of the earlier Walmart effort. Not a single Mego in the Collectibles section, though pegs were there for them. However, there was almost nothing in either collectibles section at all, with a large empty section with all but one of two pegs empty, one had a stray Office action figure and a Pennywise from Terror Toons, the other had a Dragonball Z action figure and that was it. There were a handful of Pops and plushes, but not much in the way of action figures. Both electronic sections where the collectibles were had been recently reset though, actually were in progress of being reset as both look unfinished. Some of the space that used to be electronics was now given to books (which used to be in the front of the store) and the aisle space for DVDs/BluRays had been greatly reduced, as had the music section. More room for TVs and computers (the big ticket holiday items) seemed to be being added and video games expanded to give more room for the mini arcade replica console games that sell for a few hundred bucks each (again high ticket holiday items). The Collectibles aisle in both had been shifted to a different spot in the Electronics area as well, so my guess is they won't restock the action figures (Mego included) until they finish the reset of the Electronics section and set up for the high ticket stuff for the holiday season and the Black Friday frenzy.

On a side note, I checked the Meijer today as well (just down the street form one of the Walmarts) to see if they had restocked the DC figs trying to find a Superman to go with the Bats and WW I got last time. Sadly no restock, and none of the figures that were there last time that I passed on had sold except the Stan Lee. Still 2 Picards, 2 Datas, 1 Fly, I Leatherface, and 1 Hannibal Lector. I had gotten the last 2 DC last time.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

You do bring up a good point, this is a big reset with a lot of vendors and skus, we tend to focus on what we want but the retailer is making a major investment into adult collectibles this year, teaming up with many suppliers (DC, McFarlane, Hasbro etc) so it's all on them right now. I won't see any of this here but I hope we get some positive field reports soon, it would be nice to something positive.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Several in my area, but not surprisingly not my hometown. But they never get anything. But still, good on Walmart and Mego for getting these out there!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎