X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: AHI World Famous Super Monsters

Monster month continues with a long-overdue look at the Super Monster action figures by Azrak-Hamway International or AHI for short. This line only ran for three seasons but the amount of variations it produced is staggering. We also talk about the “unofficial years” that ran after. Issue 1 of Toy-Ventures magazine is available […]

More...

As Monster Month continues, Toy-Ventures looks at the AHI World Famous Super Monsters, some of the best Universal Monsters toys ever produced and to try and collect them is scarier than any of them, check it out here:
  • darkmonkeygod
    Career Member
    • Sep 5, 2005

Wonderful!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

One of your best videos yet. I have resisted the AHI Monsters for years, but man, that Karloff Frankenstein Monster is calling to me, in particular. I agree, it's the best action figure of the man as monster ever made.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks guys, I worked on this all Thanksgiving, I tend to get overwhelmed and then break it down into pieces. I'm glad I waited until Toy-Ventures was launched because it really helped me out.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Did Dracula ever have a lined cape? I thought not, but the one carded (catalogue?) image seemed to have a version with red lining.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Outstanding video. One of my favorites.
            Sammy

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

A wondrous rabbit hole of monster goodness; the endless, tempting variations make these all the better.

It really is great to have this line so well document now. Thanks again to all the monster kids who contributed!

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

Very cool and informative video.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡