Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I spent my Saturday. Don't be jelly.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

How I spent my Saturday. Don't be jelly.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that's 2 hours of your life you will never get back. that movie was awful, other than the gratuitous t & a

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      that's 2 hours of your life you will never get back. that movie was awful, other than the gratuitous t & a
      Movie?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Eyes wide shut isn't a popcorn flick for your amusement. It is Kubrick's exposure to Secret societies in this case the "Saturn death cult" which has been described similar to the clip posted.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by J.B.
          Movie?
          isn't that what you are referring to?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Was this before or after the pastrami? Because I've found, speaking personally, that costumes and heavy meals are not always compatible.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              Eyes wide shut isn't a popcorn flick for your amusement. It is Kubrick's exposure to Secret societies in this case the "Saturn death cult" which has been described similar to the clip posted.
              It could be both, never underestimate synthesis.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

isn't that what you are referring to?
                I'm sorry Nostalgiabuff, but I can no longer discuss this. I received a package from the Saturn Death Cult that had a bed sheet in it, which means I've already divulged too much.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I like Kubrick's work but I could never bring myself to watching Eyes Wide Shut because of my hatred of the sight of anything Tom Cruise related.

Tom Cruise is Kryptonite to me.

I would rather spend the weekend trapped in an elevator with Pauly Shore and Carrot Top more than 10 minutes trapped with Tom Cruise

That said, is Eyes Wide Shut worth a look ?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

it's worth a look only if you want to see a lot of naked woman, including Nicole Kidman. movie itself sucks

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

it's worth a look only if you want to see a lot of naked woman, including Nicole Kidman. movie itself sucks
                      Hmmm,

Naked Nicole Kidman vs anything Tom Cruise ?

I might just have to give it a try --- Naked Nicole Kidman is like catnip to me

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

then just fast forward through the rest

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                          I like Kubrick's work but I could never bring myself to watching Eyes Wide Shut because of my hatred of the sight of anything Tom Cruise related.

Tom Cruise is Kryptonite to me.

I would rather spend the weekend trapped in an elevator with Pauly Shore and Carrot Top more than 10 minutes trapped with Tom Cruise

That said, is Eyes Wide Shut worth a look ?
                          Tom Cruise is hot and cold with me. But he’s been in some really good science fiction movies like Minority Report, Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, War of the Worlds. They are among my favorites. I also like his fantasy one, Legend. But I hate his romance fluff stuff. I think his Mission Impossible and Jack Reacher movies are solid popcorn movies. Born on the Fourth of July proved he can act a bit.

I’m sure his Scientology beliefs get in the way, but doesn’t bother me, he could be a Satanist for all I care, lol.

But love him or hate him, there’s no denying, he’s the only leading A-list actor who does this...

Tom Cruise is also set to be the first actor to go into space via SpaceX and shoot a scene for a movie, that’s awesome. The movie company will of course pay the bill.

Not trying to convince you, if you hate him, you hate him.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I love Stanley Kubrick...but Eyes Wide Shut is not one on my favorites of his. It’s still an artful film though.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i like Tom Cruise. he's been in a lot of really great movies. I even love the MI movies. how about Last Samurai? great flick. i don't care much for his early fluff movies like Top Gun, Days of Thunder etc

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎