Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally watched Star Trek: Discovery...my thoughts.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    interesting you mention the optimism and hope. that actually seems to be what they are doing this season. optimism for what the federation stands for, and hope to bring it back for the galaxy and it's people
    If so, that’s great. I only watched a few episodes of the first season before I checked out. Maybe it’s a course-correction?

Images
    well it takes any show a season or so to finds itself. but I think in this case they had a course trajectory they were setting, as to the early years of the federation, which they then left for the Pike/Spock years that become the Kirk/Spock years to flesh out. Meanwhile Discovery is 900 years in the future and working to rebuild the collapsed Federation. it took me half of S1 before I was hooked, that being said I still couldn't tell you the names of almost all of the characters

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    well it takes any show a season or so to finds itself. but I think in this case they had a course trajectory they were setting, as to the early years of the federation, which they then left for the Pike/Spock years that become the Kirk/Spock years to flesh out. Meanwhile Discovery is 900 years in the future and working to rebuild the collapsed Federation. it took me half of S1 before I was hooked, that being said I still couldn't tell you the names of almost all of the characters
    That pretty well nails down my feelings on it as well. The stories are okay and it is enough to keep you watching but I'm yet to get attached to any of the characters. In fact, I can't even tell you the lead character's name without looking it up.
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    having Mego's of the characters will help me remember their names, LOL

Images
    I'd be onboard if they just didn't use the Star Trek name -- It's no different than the CHiPs movie a few years ago
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    i like it. this season has been really interesting so far. they brought back some mystery and the sense of hope for the future