X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Burger King Universal Monsters figures

I have a new Wonderful Toys video taking a look at the 1997 Universal Monsters figures from the Burger King Kids Club!

Chris
    sigpic
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Nice! Do you ever get the cousin set from Jack In The Box? They released it the same year. There's also a third variation that's either JITB or Hardee's.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Nope, no JITB anywhere near me, and I haven't pulled the trigger on ebay with them. But it's very tempting!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Those were great figures. Don't make fast food toys like that anymore. They could have passed for retail figures.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Where does that Phantom in the gondola come? I want one!! I have the organist verison.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
            Career Member
            • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
            Nice! Do you ever get the cousin set from Jack In The Box? They released it the same year. There's also a third variation that's either JITB or Hardee's.
            Nah, the first Jack in the Box series was two years after the 1997 Burger King series, in 1999. Jack in the Box went again in... 2001, I think? Hardee's/Carl's Jr had nothing to do with any of it.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
              Career Member
              • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Where does that Phantom in the gondola come? I want one!! I have the organist verison.
              That's from the second Jack in the Box series.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Nah, the first Jack in the Box series was two years after the 1997 Burger King series, in 1999. Jack in the Box went again in... 2001, I think? Hardee's/Carl's Jr had nothing to do with any of it.
                  Thanks for the clarification. We have a Hardee's here in my hometown, and I didn't recall a Universal series.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Those were great figures. Don't make fast food toys like that anymore. They could have passed for retail figures.
                    Agreed. I love these figures. Far better than what Super 7 is putting out.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I just realized we discussed this a year ago and I asked the same thing, I am losing it.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

I really want a sealed Frankenstein and Wolf Man. These are great figures.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I have the Burger King figures and they are so cool...I still wish BK had done the Mummy too, back then...And yes, they are better than the ReAction or Super7 figures.

Dana
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎