X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Bruce Banner and Johnny Storm Inquiry

I have a simple question in customizing the classic versions of Dr. Bruce Banner and Johnny Storm. What heads would best work for the classic Silver or Bronze Age versions of these 2 characters? For Johnny, finding the classic blue FF costume would be easy, but the head is my question. And for Bruce Banner, I figure a lab coat, white shirt and elastic purple pants. But again, the question is about the right head. And would I find these heads with Dr. Mego, Classic TV Toys or someone else? Inquiring mind wants to know.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that's a personal choice for you. only you can decide which head you like best for each character. both sites have lots of heads to choose from

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I remember some discussion a while back on what head to use for Johnny Storm and someone suggested the Mattel Retro-Action Aquaman head. I thought that was a great suggestion. I wound up using that head for a Kid Colt kitbash I put together.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

It depends on if you are going to make any changes in the heads. Shazam has a good younger looking head for the hot head, but you'd need to at least paint the hair, if not re-do the style a bit. I can see the Aquaman as an alternative. For Bruce, I'm not sure if the Tony Nelson modern Mego might work with some glasses. I've also found the Bruce Wayne heads from Classic TV toys with the different hair colors are good generic heads, and they do have one with brown hair. The blonde version might work for Johnny, too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

My Johnny is Matty Aquaman, I would not use Mego Shazam! because he's Peter Parker.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

I've wondered if the Mego Shazam head might work for a Bill Bixby/David Banner from the Incredible Hulk TV series.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
              Career Member
              • Jul 23, 2019

I wish someone who has great talent at sculpting heads would make one for an 8-inch Bill Bixby custom.
              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I used Galahad/Will Scarlet for my Banner, but I think Mego Corp's Maj. Nelson might work well, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Someone made a Bruce Banner out of Hutch by painting his hair brown and adding glasses that I thought looked good. I had intended to do one like that for myself, but never got around to it.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                    I wish someone who has great talent at sculpting heads would make one for an 8-inch Bill Bixby custom.
                    Haven't seen one like that; I used Strasky as David as a kid...

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I used Galahad/Will Scarlet for my Banner, but I think Mego Corp's Maj. Nelson might work well, too.
                      as the maj. nelsons are uber plentiful. i second this idea.
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 23, 2019

I purchased a Bill Bixby head sculpt a while back from eBay, but it was for a 12-inch figure. I can never find one for an 8-inch.
                        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                          Persistent Member
                          • Oct 3, 2007

I did a Johnny Storm a long time ago. I used the PACO blond cowboy head for it just to be different.
                          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎