Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

I'll probably buy most of the list (passing on the burned face Pennywise and Straight-Jacket Hannibal, as I'm not a big fan of variants), but the one I want most is Ultraman.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Count_Popula
      I think they're missing the mark by not sticking with more TOS figures.
      I agree on this, or at least for TNG a Riker and LaForge before villains. Still waiting for TOS McCoy and Scotty and Klingon.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by alex
        Well here comes wave 10

Bride of Frankenstein

Jeeper Creepers

Candy man

Willy Wonka

Red death Phantom of the opera

Straight jacket Hannibal lector

Burned face pennywise

Star Trek ,Michael Burnham ,Captain Pike ,Locutus, Q.

Ultraman.
        Did Wonka, burned Pennywise, and Ultraman (and is it Taro?) get moved to wave ten?

Any idea what's happened with the Lee Dracula or the Michael Myers in the ghost sheet that have been talked about for nine?

And have Sulu and Checkov been dropped from ten (or were they never runs in the first place)?

That's all pretty weird. Seeing as wave eight was 10 figures (11 if you count Freddie again shipping to mass market, but he's not in hobby cases). W. nine would have been 11 were the rumored figures true and had the timeline held and the three DC figures are included, and then wave 10 would have been 11 styles including the rumoured figures, and I was hoping Sulu and Checkov would be ST2, seeing as those seem to be selling well. Strange that Mego would deviate from such a simple formula.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Bride is the only definite on that list for me. Red Death and Trek are possibilities, but I haven't decided if I am getting the TNG or Discovery stuff yet from the current wave of releases. I am glad to see there's stuff people are interested in and hope the wave does well, but not much of it falls in my spheres of interest.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm interested in the Bride, Wonka, Red Death, and Ultraman.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by alex
              Well here comes wave 10

Bride of Frankenstein

Jeeper Creepers

Candy man

Willy Wonka

Red death Phantom of the opera

Straight jacket Hannibal lector

Burned face pennywise

Star Trek ,Michael Burnham ,Captain Pike ,Locutus, Q.

Ultraman.

Cant see a single dud in there, shame with the hannibal lector, should of just given us that version to start of with.
              All the STD figures will be duds.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Count_Popula
                I think they're missing the mark by not sticking with more TOS figures.
                Agreed. TOS and maybe TNG. The STD stuff will perform about as well as the sitcom stuff did.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Amok Time Toys disagrees with this assessment, and offers the following:

BIG MEGO NEWS!

EVEN MORE MEGO SURPRISES!

All new line announced for February 2021!

SPECIAL MEGO PREORDER PRICING FOR A LIMITED TIME.

Special pricing of 15.99 is valid until 11/15/2020
                  Then the price goes back up to the regular 19.99 SRP.
                  While no pictures are available to show for now here is the line up.

HAMMER FILMS DRACULA!
                  Universal Monsters: FRANKENSTEIN, BRIDE and Phantom Masque of the Red Death!
                  ULTRAMAN and ULTRAMANSEVEN!
                  DC Comics: Green Lantern, The Flash and The Riddler
                  Star Trek TNG Locutus, "Q", Christopher Pike and Discovery: Michael Burnham
                  Modern Horror: Jeepers Creepers, Hannibal in Straightjacket, Candyman, Teen Wolf and Burnt PENNYWISE!
                  And other surprise characters like WILLY WONKA and AVATAR!

Comment

• tiinacat
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 4, 2015

Wait what’s in February? Holy F.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                      All the STD figures will be duds.
                      Because you don't like it?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

I think the STD will do just fine. there is a lot of crossover appeal for the line from Trek collectors, us, sci fi collectors etc. it can also bring in new blood for people who maybe are just discovering Trek with these new shows. I look forward to what Pike looks like

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^I'm looking forward to buying some for customs, Mego collectors have a knack for making (supposed) lemons into lemonade.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

We really need a different abbreviation for Star Trek Discovery than STD. STD is something no one wants to mess with and an absolute marketing faux pas.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

I like DISCO as a better abbreviation. I'm looking forward to putting these in my Trek display, and imagining what it would have been like as a little boy to have had a time travel adventure with these figures from the future, er, past.

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

I am interested in the ST Discovery figures as potential custom fodder but not as figures from a show I have never seen and have no real interest in. The Saru figure, with a change of clothes, should look good as a crew member on Kirk’s Enterprise.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎