X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Batman (1966) 5 Points Deluxe Boxed Set

Buy Batman (1966) 5 Points Deluxe Boxed Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

It's a great set but I do wonder about the price tag. $130 could be a tough sell in this economy and Batman 66 isn't as hot as it once was. Maybe they should have parted it out? Like figure 2 packs and only Alfred packed with the Batmobile.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I don't think the price will hurt so much as missing Christmas, this has "gift" written all over it.

Although I do wonder if Funko's previous line makes this one less appealing.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Werewolf
        It's a great set but I do wonder about the price tag. $130 could be a tough sell in this economy and Batman 66 isn't as hot as it once was. Maybe they should have parted it out? Like figure 2 packs and only Alfred packed with the Batmobile.
        I agree that the 66 Batman popularity craze is dying down. It has been for a while. This seems like a high price for anyone that doesn't want to collect it specifically. That limits the market place. I would have thought $99 would have it flying off the shelves
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Are the scales between the two lines incompatible?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I think the price seems fair for what all you get. And I like that they are doing this as a "kitchen sink" set. But I agree that the timing is going to hurt this.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Considering Super7 sells a single 3.75" figure with no accessories for $18, you're getting a fantastic bargain with this set.

Seven 3.75" figures, a Batmobile, AND a playset for $129?? SOLD!!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I don't think the price is necessarily bad for what you get. That high of a price point, though, does severely restrict what retailers will carry the item and who can buy it. The big chains like Walmart and Target won't touch it at that price. Again, it's a great set. I just think it might have sold better and got a wider release broken into smaller cheaper sets.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Unless there is some big push for the 55th anniversary of the show in January, then yeah they blew gift time for sure.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

It's a shame they didn't just go ahead and articulate these to match the Funkos.

They must have speculated that these won't sell on their own, so they jammed the whole series into a "box set" and did the usual Mezco premium pricing. Oh well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I have a set on the way. I think the value is there. Tons of accessories too.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I think the price is fine. A set of six legends figures goes for about 130.

Comment

• melstapler
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 2, 2014

This set looks very nice and the Batmobile has nice detail in the photo. If this set sells well, hopefully Mezco will consider releasing Batman and hopefully some of the other characters as part of their 1:12 Collective line. They already announced a 1:12 Christopher Reeve Superman earlier this year, so an Adam West Batman might still be a possibility in the near future.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 15, 2010

Anyone know the length of this Batmobile?

Barnabas Collins

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎