Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

The Van Halen Scrawl has been getting some love. Gonna stop by it on the way home today.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Running With the Devil was THE SONG when I was in high school --- High school memories both good and bad will always be accompanied with early Van Halen as their background soundtrack.

Anyone else always think of Eddie walking on the school tables whenever they hear Hot For Teacher ?

Comment

• shaunaconda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
        I think that Jan & Eugenia disciplined them enough that they appreciated EVERYTHING they did for them. Ed NEVER EVER LIKED BEING CALLED or REFERRED TO AS "EDDIE". It was either ED or EDWARD, read ANY interview/WATCH Any interview with Alex, Mikey or Dave and you will see then call him Ed or Edward most of the time.

You can thank his parents for that, as they never called him "Eddie". Very proper parents and very loving parents as Ed himself described them. He and Alex appreciated everything they did for them.
        Yeah I remember in the early days we all called him Edward VH. Then somewhere along the way it became Eddie.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Saw Van Halen twice, once with David and the monsters of rock tour outdoors with Sammy, just some amazing times, RIP Eddie Van Halen.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Brought my mini Frankenstrat to the show.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

We need a Eddie Van Halen mego.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

EVH is crazy cool and stuff, but I still think DLR put the band on the map

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

DLR was the front man and face of the band, but I think it was Ed's playing in conjunction with DLR that put them on the map. the other 2 guys could be replaced and no one would even notice

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else remember the rumours when DLR left the band EVH was considering Patti Smyth of Scandal to be Van Halen's new lead singer ? …. To be honest, I was hoping it was true … When Hagar was finally chosen I was let down and refused to listen to them anymore.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I remember that. I thought Hagar was a good choice, but ended not liking the new VH very much. I love classic Van Halen, though.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Interesting read on Eddie growing up, and what his parents, brother, and himself had to go through as a mixed race family in the early days...

In an interview with Marc Maron, former bandmate David Lee Roth revealed just how painful the experience was for the late artist, who was of Indonesian and Dutch descent.
                        sigpic

Comment

• megoapesnut
                          The name says it all!
                          • Dec 3, 2007

First Neil Peart from my favorite band passes and now Eddie from my 2nd favorite band. RIP Eddie

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Mikey
                            Anybody else remember the rumours when DLR left the band EVH was considering Patti Smyth of Scandal to be Van Halen's new lead singer ? …. To be honest, I was hoping it was true … When Hagar was finally chosen I was let down and refused to listen to them anymore.
                            SCANDAL singer Patty Smyth has commented on the passing of Eddie Van Halen. The legendary VAN HALEN guitarist died on Tuesday (October 6) at the age of 65. Smyth told Radio Forrest (hear audio below): "I literally did not leave my house [on Tuesday]. I just couldn't believe it. I just started lookin...

AND!!

When VAN HALEN parted with frontman David Lee Roth in 1985, his eventual replacement, Sammy Hagar, was not the band's first choice to fill Roth's shoes. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen asked Patty Smyth of the group SCANDAL to join the band first, which Smyth has now recounted in a new interview with Ster...

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 30, 2012

I've heard Michael Anthony and the rest of the guys had settled their differences and were planning a reunion of the original lineup for this year. Then the pandemic hit and Eddie's health took a turn for the worse. Sammy and Eddie had also reconnected and were secretly texting each other up until a couple of months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎