Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Ertl Star Trek III figure repair solution

Ertl Star Trek III figure repair solution

I discovered how to repair the Star Trek III figures from Ertl. I have a Scottie that the plastic hook thing that attached the legs to the torso via a rubber band was broken. I had tried to glue it back together, but to no avail. This past weekend I was at an antique mall and found a 3 3/4 gi joe figure for $4.50. I bought it and took it home and low and behold, IT USED THE SAME HOOK THING! I don't know if Ertl or Hasbro came up with it first, but it is the same in both! I was really happy to finally fix Mr. Scott. Hope this helps someone else who may the same problem.

Images
    Great info. Thanks for posting. It's great for collectors to post help like this.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Blog Entries
    Ack-shully, the O-Ring system was popularized here by Mego, Hasbro copied it for Joe. I didn't know it had a commonality with the ERTL figures though.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

First used with Takara Microman and then imported when MEGO licensed Microman and they became the Micronauts.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)