Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/9th scale Bettie Page Kick Starter is LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Yeah, I also got the email. It is very disappointing.
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Had a pretty good idea that this wasn't going to make it, as it never quite got much momentum. To be honest, I don't think the KS was pushed the right way and they should have had some better "mock-up" materials. Not knocking anyone involved, I know this was a passion project and it's tough to do these things. But I think the most successful Kickstarters have a really nice concept of what the final figure will look like.

Here we saw truly beautiful card art of Bettie Page looking sultry and glamorous... And then we have a odd mock-up of the figure with an oversized, kinda crudely developed head in frumpy looking clothes. It just seemed like there was a real disconnect there for me personally. If it's supposed to be Bettie, it needed to look a lot more like that sensual card art to reflect it.

Female Megos are hard. They either look like bad dolls or just oddly misshapen. I can't think of a single Mego (or Mego-like) that captures that look off hand. There might be one, but it's not coming to me at the moment. I think until you can capture that look and feel, Page would be particularly hard to sell.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Got the email this morning - truly bummed this didn't get funded as I loved all the Linsner art that was associated with this project. Plus, adding a Bettie page to my collection would've been great.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

I funded it too. First time I ever backed anything. I pledged for one of the higher options. I wonder what might have helped to usher this along. It used to seem like Dark Horse offered a lot of BP product back in the day.

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

Does anyone know what happens now? Will another Kickstarter occur or that's that?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎