X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

Meijer DC in hand.

Most local Meijer stores have reset and made space for Mego but so far only one has stocked them.

There are 6 dedicated pegs: 2 for DC, 2 for Horror, and 2 for Mixed.

They had 2 each of the 3 DC characters, I grabbed one of each.

The only thing I was surprised by was the hand cut notches on Supermans boots.
    I grabbed the one w/ the cleanest cuts.

Looks like these are starting to land, keep your eyes peeled.
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

They look really great!! What was the price point?

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by supes
      I was wondering the same thing, then... DUH! I scrolled back up, looked at the photo, and saw $12.99

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Tear them off the cards, pose them, and take some pics!!!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• justzeg18
          Career Member
          • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by supes
          Originally posted by TRDouble
          I was wondering the same thing, then... DUH! I scrolled back up, looked at the photo, and saw $12.99
          They were $12.99 each and Mi has a 6% sales tax.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

I stopped in Tuesday late afternoon. Markers were up but the shelves, for everything, was empty. Go back Wednesday early evening, everything but DC and The Fly.

There's no way I'm hunting these and I'm certainly not paying ebay prices.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

so stoked to see these.
                Can't wait for distribution to open up!!!
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• zeedox
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 10, 2007

Why do we always have to navigation distribution games? I remember Batman Spiderman etc being on the shelf easy like as a kid. So I have to pay 50 bucks on ebay for a 12 dollar toy again?
                  I really think Mego should also offer their own product online like Classic TV toys. Also, has anyone explained how both companies can make figures now?

Sorry If i sound snarky. I hunted for mattel remegos, I went everyone for Diamond Emce....same for the recent Target megos. I live nowhere near Mejer... :-(
                  Any chance we can call into a store and make a transaction by phone?

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by zeedox
                    Why do we always have to navigation distribution games? I remember Batman Spiderman etc being on the shelf easy like as a kid. So I have to pay 50 bucks on ebay for a 12 dollar toy again?
                    I really think Mego should also offer their own product online like Classic TV toys. Also, has anyone explained how both companies can make figures now?

Sorry If i sound snarky. I hunted for mattel remegos, I went everyone for Diamond Emce....same for the recent Target megos. I live nowhere near Mejer... :-(
                    The simplest explanation is that these toys are no longer a product with mass market appeal and are a niche hobby product. It is certainly still popular with certain demographics, but it is mostly that demographic that were kids 40-50 years ago for the most part. Certainly there are exceptions, but tastes change as time passes. When I was a kid, I certainly wasn't interested in the toys that were popular 50 years before I was born either. The marvel is that there is still enough of a thriving market for Mego and Mego-like products 40 some-odd years after their heyday, and I for one am grateful that new product is being made available in any manner they can.

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• ToyTalk
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 25, 2020

My wife and I went to 6 Meijers today and 1 Walmart. I was able to grab all of the new Mego except Picard but did not find a single store with the DC stocked yet. Only 1 of the Meijers had anything at all and that is where I got the ones I did.
                      Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• justzeg18
                        Career Member
                        • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by zeedox
                        I don't believe Meijer ships. Pick up or local delivery only, it looks like.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 25, 2020

I tried calling them all first. All of them said they didn't have it yet one of them did. Make sure you have their sku to check in their system or they won't find them
                          Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

I stopped by my local Meijer today and found these two...

There was no sign of Superman. They had some other wave 9 stuff (Data, Picard, the Fly, Stan Lee and Hannibal Lector), but I passed on those. There was only 1 of each except the TNG, which had multiples of both figures on the pegs.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Well our Meijer's finally restocked, my wife found a Superman for me there this morning while she was doing some grocery shopping, so I now have all 3 of the initial Dc releases.

-M

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎