Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dino Riders return as army men style toys.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Dino Riders return as army men style toys.

It looks like a nice set and the price is reasonable.

Just not sure if the army men approach will be a big hit with fans of the original line. Hopefully reissues of the classic toys or new action figures will follow.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Wonder if Mattel is going to apply the armymen style to other lines? Wish Playmates would go this route with Godzilla
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

i love it!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

These aren't for me, but I'm hoping Mattel is just testing the waters to bring back a full line using their amazing Jurassic Park molds. Now THOSE I'd be all over.

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Wish Playmates would go this route with Godzilla
          I would be all over that!

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
            These aren't for me, but I'm hoping Mattel is just testing the waters to bring back a full line using their amazing Jurassic Park molds. Now THOSE I'd be all over.
            Would be cool, but they wouldn't be able to use the JP molds unless it was under the JP brand. Can't use molds of licensed products you don't own for anything else these days. Mattel could technically use their own Masters of the Universe Gygor gorilla molds to make DC Comic's Grodd (though DC might not be too thrilled about it), but they couldn't use Grodd to make Gygor without legal problems. They would have to make all new molds, unfortunately (the current JP molds would be absolutely breathtaking as Dino Riders mounts, though, no argument there).

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

I don't know if it would hit with fans of the original, but for attracting new buyers this toy is pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎