X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
    It makes for a good story, but just an urban legend.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ordered-away/
    I doubt the blue checkmark snoops fact checker was present at every live John Denver show. I know that story or legend has been told many different times by many people. Where there is smoke,etc. If it is untrue John Denver would be an odd choice to decide to muddy up their reputation.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
      It makes for a good story, but just an urban legend.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ordered-away/
      Yep, never happened.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

John Denver is awesome!
        C’mon, how can I not love someone who gave my state “Take Me Home, Country Roads”?

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Denver may be considered "folk" and definitely was at the time, but by today's standards he's more country-pop-soft rock. Dude was a nice guy who wrote simple good songs and had a nice voice with good musical talents. Nothing fancy. He also never kicked anyone out of his concerts. That wasn't who John Denver was.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
            I doubt the blue checkmark snoops fact checker was present at every live John Denver show. I know that story or legend has been told many different times by many people. Where there is smoke,etc. If it is untrue John Denver would be an odd choice to decide to muddy up their reputation.
            you just find a conspiracy under every rock don't you?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎