X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 82: John Saxon

We’re back and paying tribute to a legendary genre-defying star of film and small screen, John Saxon. He played A-List to C-List productions, hero or villain he could do it all, and as a bonus, he really knew karate! Topics include Enter the Dragon, Gene Roddenberry, Roger Corman, Six Million Dollar Man, Rosie Grier, Jim […]

More...

• Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Looking forward to this.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Not surprising that I loved this--thanks for sharing. I've always liked John Saxon and actors like him. He has an episode of Fantasy Island in which he plays a language professor whose fantasy is to become Cyrano de Bergerac. It's an okay episode, but he's clearly having a good time as Cyrano, playing a role that he'd never have gotten in a full production. It shows a somewhat different side of an always fun to see actor.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed this a lot. I think my first exposure to Saxon's work was BBTS and then Elm Street, but I grew to really enjoy and appreciate him when I saw Enter the Dragon and reruns like Wonder Woman, SMDM, and the Roddenberry telefilms. As you noted, a striking and verstaile performer with an engaging edge.

I also really appreciated the discussion of aging celebrity and how, for many fans, actors are somehow stuck in amber and reality can be unsettling. I know I've exxperienced that feeling with ceretain performers I've treasured.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎