Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and improved Spectre

New and improved Spectre

Here is my custom Spectre again. I hope he gets more live now that I have improved him. My last post didn’t get and replies.39BCD157-89B9-4D7A-B412-9453DB858FD9.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    I don't recall your other version. He looks good, though I prefer a molded hood.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Thanks PNGwynne. I last posted him under the post “The Collection Continues” or something to that effect. I wasn’t satisfied with how he turned out so I put him onto a type S body, repainted his head to include black, put black cloth on the interior of his hood, and also re-crafted his collar and gave him better shoes by cutting down a pair of hero boots and using a lighter to melt the rough edges.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I don't recall your other version. He looks good, though I prefer a molded hood.
    Nah. Put me on team fabric hood. Lol. I think he looks great.

What head are you using?

Images
    Blog Entries
    yahh fabric for me too great job on him
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Looks good.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Sprytel, the head I used is a generic bald, gold coloured head available at CTVT. I did the repaint myself and then sealed it with Mod Podge. I also like the cloth hood, but I had some extra black material from an old CTVT bodysuit which I cut up and two-way taped to the inside to give it a dark, shadowy appearance.

Images
    Blog Entries
    cool I was going to ask about the head. So its sort of like Peter Cushing as the Spectre.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I suppose it could be. I never thought of it like that. Does anyone know what the gold head is supposed to be originally?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Peter Cushing from space 1999

Quote Originally Posted by TheVintageToyKid View Post
    I suppose it could be. I never thought of it like that. Does anyone know what the gold head is supposed to be originally?