X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

They got me again

I have a few POTA apes original Mego heads I picked up, so I figured I would make some modified/custom figures using CTVT parts.

My solder ape and my General Ursus turned out pretty good. It's easy to tell they are not 100 per cent original, and I am fine with that as I don't plan to sell them and I am just happy to have versions of these figures in my collection.

However, the most recent head I acquired was that of General Urko. I picked up a body and some clothing for him from CTVT and, of course, as soon as I attempted to put everything together, the vinyl material on his shirt crumbled to dust. I know this is an ongoing issue with CTVT clothing made of this material, but considering the same type of shirts I used for the solder ape and Ursus didn't have this issue, I thought I might be safe... unfortunately, the got me again.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
    I have a few POTA apes original Mego heads I picked up, so I figured I would make some modified/custom figures using CTVT parts.

My solder ape and my General Ursus turned out pretty good. It's easy to tell they are not 100 per cent original, and I am fine with that as I don't plan to sell them and I am just happy to have versions of these figures in my collection.

However, the most recent head I acquired was that of General Urko. I picked up a body and some clothing for him from CTVT and, of course, as soon as I attempted to put everything together, the vinyl material on his shirt crumbled to dust. I know this is an ongoing issue with CTVT clothing made of this material, but considering the same type of shirts I used for the solder ape and Ursus didn't have this issue, I thought I might be safe... unfortunately, the got me again.
    The ape clothes I got originally, after they first came out and before they sat in a hot warehouse for months, were and still are fine in an air conditioned environment. There was nothing wrong with them when they first arrived; it had to be the storage situation (same with a lot of their super hero boots splitting). Stuff is apparently literally rotting away in the Florida heat.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

All the more reason why they should relocate here to Canada LOL
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

FTC really should just throw all that junk in the dumpster.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

And then invest in air handlers and AC.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I was there in October in FLA that is still summer and the doors were wide open. So even when they are closed up stuff just bakes in there.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎