X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

GI Joe Retro series 2 and Classified Zartan

No doubt the usual rage merchants will be posting anti-Hasbro vids on youtube over these but I think they look great.

Hasbro Pulse-Con G.I. Joe Panel - Classified Zartan, Cobra Trooper, Cobra Viper, Firefly And More

New builds on Retro Scarlett and Roadblock, Sunbow repaint of scarce 50th anniversary Destro and a all new Cobra Fang vehicle with pilot. I think the new Retro Scarlett is the best modern version they've done of the character.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Zartan is my favorite RAH and I think this looks good. I made two 12" versions.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Zartan is my favorite RAH and I think this looks good.
      Zartan is awesome. I still hope we will eventually get the Sunbow cartoon long hair Zartan.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

This is very exciting news! The Zartan looks amazing and Firefly will be another surefire purchase as well. Although the retro line is exciting, I wish Hasbro would also make vehicles for the 6 inch figures much in the same way that Hasbro made vehicles for the Star Wars Black Series 6 inch figures in addition to vehicles for the 3 inch figures.

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

something is a bit off on Zartan's hood for me, but this will probably be my first classified figure

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I was able to get the retro 2 from walmart pretty easily and they were still up now as i just checked. ordered zartan and cobra from bbts. as expected natch from from target :(

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Very, very nice.

Well done figures.

That reminded me how hot the sun could warm up Zartan.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

These all look great, I just wish they made them easier to get. Just put these all out at general retail so everyone has a chance at them.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• melstapler
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 2, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  These all look great, I just wish they made them easier to get. Just put these all out at general retail so everyone has a chance at them.

Chris
                  Definitely. Either Hasbro underestimated the demand of these figures (which I doubt) or perhaps they're using scarcity to drive sales. I doubt there's a true shortage of these figures, but it's hard to know for sure. I remember the shortage of Power Rangers toys when they were first released during the early 90s and not to mention the Tickle Me Elmo doll during the late 90s but I doubt G.I. Joe Classified figures would create that level of hysteria. I've spoken with a couple rabid dads (one in Target toy section and the other in Walmart) who were very enthusiastic and probably buying these figures to relive their childhood which isn't a bad thing. Hopefully store shelves will be filled with G.I. Joe Classified figures by the holidays.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 1, 2005

Walked into a Wal-Mart in Northwest Indiana tonight not expecting to find anything as per usual......wound up finding all of these, just put on the shelves moments before! Quite happy with this haul since it's been a long, long time since finding anything good like this on store shelves GIJOE RETRO 2.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Nice!!!! How much were the figures and the vehicles each, if you don't mind me asking?

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 1, 2005

No problem! The figures were $12.99 each and the vehicles were $24.99 each. I found the vehicles first, which I almost missed because they were on the top shelf. Then the guy stocking the shelves was just bringing over several boxes while I was still perusing and I noticed one of the boxes was for figures, and he was nice enough to open one for me. The case had six figures, two of each. I only took one set, hopefully someone else came along afterwards and had a nice surprise as I did I did take the only HISS tank they had but there was two of the AWE Strikers there, I just grabbed the one.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

this week i saw snake eyes storm shadow and the awe striker at two different walmarts. they also have the jada die cast minis with them.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 1, 2005

Nice, I've yet to see Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow on the actual shelves! Only found them through ordering online.

Comment

• melstapler
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Aug 2, 2014

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
                              Walked into a Wal-Mart in Northwest Indiana tonight not expecting to find anything as per usual......wound up finding all of these, just put on the shelves moments before! Quite happy with this haul since it's been a long, long time since finding anything good like this on store shelves [ATTACH=CONFIG]28850[/ATTACH]
                              Wow! The packaging looks great on these figures and vehicles. These designs pay tribute not only to the classic packaging, but also the characters and vehicles. Hopefully they'll do some retro 6-inch figures in the near future as well.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎