Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Look at Mego Wave 9 Creature from the Black Lagoon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
    The Phantom is actually a very good likeness also, but it's hidden under some terrible factory paint.
    So true, all three of mine were off.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I like it, I like it a lot
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Here's to hoping the Universal stuff leads to new Munsters figures.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• shazam7208
          Career Member
          • Oct 28, 2008

He looks awesome...can't wait for this figure!

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

He's beautiful! I hope Frank Wojo will be selling him.

Dana
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Looks very much like the approach Diamond took, overall, which is good, as that was an excellent figure. I could see the plastic parts being re-used in a glow-in-the-dark version down the line (hint, hint). As a big Universal Monsters fan (yep, I'm a monster kid who grew up in the Aurora era), I find this very good news. THe EMCE versions of the UM's were outstanding, and I hope they can duplicated that here, maybe even going beyond the roster they had previously (London after Midnight, anyone?).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

London After Midnight? Absolutely.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                  Looks very much like the approach Diamond took, overall, which is good, as that was an excellent figure. I could see the plastic parts being re-used in a glow-in-the-dark version down the line (hint, hint). As a big Universal Monsters fan (yep, I'm a monster kid who grew up in the Aurora era), I find this very good news. THe EMCE versions of the UM's were outstanding, and I hope they can duplicated that here, maybe even going beyond the roster they had previously (London after Midnight, anyone?).
                  A glow Creech would be just flippin awesome. Lighter green on the jumper with painted glow accents; glow heads, hands, and feet with red nails and accents would be fantastic.
                  We need a glow Wolfman and Mummy as well.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

i hope to see a caeded one soon ,i have the emce which is awesome .

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by rche
                      A glow Creech would be just flippin awesome. Lighter green on the jumper with painted glow accents; glow heads, hands, and feet with red nails and accents would be fantastic.
                      We need a glow Wolfman and Mummy as well.
                      Given the extra tooling created here is so specific to the character that I don't see how they can use it elsewhere (for practical and licensing reasons), I can't see them not wanting to revisit it in some form.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        Given the extra tooling created here is so specific to the character that I don't see how they can use it elsewhere (for practical and licensing reasons), I can't see them not wanting to revisit it in some form.
                        I'm pretty sure this is the same old tooling but, to your point, why wouldn't they get the most milage possible out of it?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
                          I'm pretty sure this is the same old tooling but, to your point, why wouldn't they get the most milage possible out of it?
                          It’s new tooling as far as molds go.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                            It’s new tooling as far as molds go.
                            Really?!? Auuuuuugh, that makes it sting so much more. I adore the original figure, but had Paul gotten Sean to sculpt a more dynamic head, say a ****ed off attacking version or - dare to dream - the Revenge head, that would make this truly spectacular for me. I figured they had access to the EMCE tooling and so saved the expense. Damn.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎