X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

MEGO Comic Action Customizing Question

Has anybody here ever customized or custom painted any Comic Action Heroes? I have two burning questions.

I would like my Comic Action Batman figure to have blue shorts.

1: Is it possible to paint the rubber shorts? If so, what kind of paint would I need to use? Could I find the right kind of paint at a Hobby Lobby store?

2: Has anybody ever assembled any broken Comic Action Heroes figures? I know Captain America has blue shorts. Is it possible to assemble a Comic Action Heroes Batman with the blue shorts from a broken Captain America figure?

3: Finally, I have seen some Mego Comic Action Figures painted. What kind of paint do you use?

Anyway, I'm just curious, yet anxious to try either of these methods if at all possible.
  • shooby32
    • Jun 1, 2007

On the soft vinyl parts (i don't believe they are actual rubber ) clean with some rubbing alcohol, and use water based craft acrylics... easy clean up, tons of colors, and they don't react with the vinyl. You can pick them up at any Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, etc. I painted the stars on my CA Wonder Woman this way and it's perfect.

If you make a mistake, clean off with rubbin alcohol and a q tip. If you find it dries to quickly, make it a little thinner by squeezing some out onto an old plate or piece of foil, and mix in a tiny amount of water, a drop at a time, until its nice and smooth
    Last edited by shooby32; Sep 25, '20, 2:09 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I think I’ve seen customized CAH on ebay? I think someone was selling a customized Tarzan on the card.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎