Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

I still have my LR and Silver in their original boxes, but time has turned the ranger's outfit from light blue to gray.
    It's all good!

Comment

• Myoldtoys
      Veteran Member
      • May 15, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Was '77 the last year for theline? I was reveiwing releases online and the breadth of quality output on this line was amazing!

On a related note, Gabriel Toys doesn't even have a wiki listing.
      I haven’t searched before, but you are right. I don’t see a history of the company other than at some point they were bought by CBS.

Gabriel did the toys for the 1981 Lone Ranger movie. Along with the smaller 3 3/4 film figures and horses, they also reissued just the larger LR, Tonto, and their horses. So 1981 would be the end of the line. Started in 1973 and ran until 1981.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, I was referring to the original 9" run. I know El Lobo and Sheriff Dawson were late (Euro-only?) releases.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
          Veteran Member
          • May 15, 2012

Thanks, I was referring to the original 9" run. I know El Lobo and Sheriff Dawson were late (Euro-only?) releases.
          I was referring to the 9” line being reissued along with the the new smaller figures in 1981. But just the LR and Tonto.

Looks like El Lobo was available as early as 1975 but not in the US.

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Yep a big fan here, just hunting the last few pieces I need, if and when they come up. But heres a nice little FB forum for this line.

This group is solely for the purpose of buying, selling and trading Lone Ranger toys. Please invite other collectors of The Lone Ranger toy lines. Post your extras and your want lists. Lets help out...

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

On a related note, Gabriel Toys doesn't even have a wiki listing.
              I looked about a year ago for Gabriel Toys on a wiki. If I had enough source material, I'd tackle writing it.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

That is my experience too. I have Silver standing behind my monitor. There is just no place to put it. I was able to get the 3 main figures in a display case.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎