X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

My new book: The Wonderful World of Wax Wrappers

Those of you who have me as friends on Facebook may have already heard, I'm publishing my first book.

It's an 80-page visual journey of the old bubblegum wax wrappers from our childhood. I posted this news on social media last week and was floored by the positive reaction it received. Local stores have already placed orders and the outpouring of "I want one" postings was a bit overwhelming.

Where this is my first publication, I'm admittedly a bit gun shy on expectations and therefore having a limited run. That said, given the interest far exceeds the copies I'll have available I had thought about posting a pre-order. In the end, I'm not a fan of accepting funds for something not in hand, ready to ship. Therefore, I asked folks on FB to commit verbally with NO cost. A simple "Yes I want one" so I can gauge demand. Within the first few days I had Sold Out, so am now looking to increase my print run to meet demand.

I'm awaiting a proof next week, then we go to production. Once in hand I'll begin accepting orders and shipping. Should be plenty of time for Christmas orders.

The cost will be $20 plus actual shipping to wherever you are. I need to make the decision on "how many more" to print next week, so wanted to post here as well in case of my friends here in the community want a copy as well. Please comment below IF you intend on purchasing a copy and thank you again for your interest. If you've already answered on social media, no need to comment here again.

low res cover.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I'll definitely want a copy for myself and a couple more for gifts! So put me down for THREE!

Such an awesome idea...congrats BB!

Comment

• Obibob
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 27, 2007

I'm in for a copy - please PM me here when they're available (I really don't 'do' Facebook). Thanks!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Congratulations!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• geech
          • Jun 27, 2017

Oh man, I didn't see the post on facebook but I'm in for one! This looks great! Can you send info about how best to contact you? I couldn't find the facebook post. Thanks for putting this together.
          Last edited by geech; Sep 24, '20, 3:58 PM.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Yeah, congrats indeed!… curious if you're writing about the histories, production art, variants, etc. along with the visual goodness?

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by geech
              Oh man, I didn't see the post on facebook but I'm in for one! This looks great! Can you send info about how best to contact you? I couldn't find the facebook post. Thanks for putting this together.
              Thanks for the interest. I’ve posted on several FB pages including the Mego Museum page. When it’s in hand I will post here again with that information.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Exciting. Congrats and best of luck.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

I can imagine this as being colourful viewing, would U mind just posting a few pages, of what the content looks like?

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

It's exciting and a good idea! Best of luck with sales! $20 is certainly a fair price for such a niche publication.

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

Congratulations! I'm always thrilled when someone's able to pull together and see in print the book they've labored to create!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I see it on Facebook but didn't know it was you. Cool looking project.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• allenenglishprof04
                          • Sep 24, 2020

I would love to buy a copy! Allen Swords from Williamston, SC.

Allen.Swords@gmail.com

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for the support everyone. I completed final edits on the "proof" copy and we're going to production this week. Excited!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

Hi,
                              Congrats on the book. I would love to purchase one copy if you haven't sent in your second run order, yet. Sorry, haven't been doing much Facebook or logging in here for a bit.
                              It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎