X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That's great!

I see on ebay that there's a Silver Surfer version, too.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 21, '21, 12:09 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I am part of a Secret Santa on a classic comic forum I am a part of, and Santa brought my gift today, which included these two beauties...

There was also a gorgeous Usagi Yojimbo variant cover in the package.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Those are great!

Has anyone opened one of these--what's on that folded paper beneath their feet?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Those are great!

I've kept mine sealed and display in package because the package art is so wonderful as well. I know someone who has opened them, I'll see if I can reach out and find out.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

found black costume spidey the other day

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks!

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Thanks!
                I reached out and the answer was a bit underwhelming...

I don't honestly recall. Whatever it was, it wasn't something I deemed worth saving - instructions or warnings, probably.
                -M

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Those are great!

The usual idiocy for the times we live in. Copyright info and "don't eat this figure" in 26 different languages. Yes. 26. I'm not joking.
                  I'm glad we weren't as stupid when we were kids.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

lol I'm pretty sure a toddler could choke on DD's billy clubs--but, one couldn't read the warning, either.

At least the MOTU instructions are pop-apart guides. Don't play with boiling water, kids.

Thanks MRP and D.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

Wolverine and Phoenix shipping early from Hasbro pulse

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Nice Secret Santa presents! I can't decide if I'm going to stay all in on this line. It's incredible affordable and the figures are quite nice, but the releases are so scattershot, I do find myself ebbing and flowing.

I'd like to get a nice Fantastic Four though. I hope they do a really great classic Ben.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 28, 2018

I'm happy these are being released the same time as the Super 7 Universal Monsters, not to mention the upcoming Batman '66 figures in this scale from Mezco. Takes me back to the days of Mego Pockets and Remco Minis. Lots of 3.75 goodness!

As far as what I'd like to see in 2022, I also want a Thing, plus a Green Goblin! Thor and the Lizard would round out my wish list top 4.
                          Last edited by Count_Popula; Dec 15, '21, 5:38 PM.

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

I stopped by a new toy store recently opened here in town run by a convention circuit friend of mine and picked these two up yesterday...

I now have just about everything I wanted form the waves already released (I have passed on a number of them though) and am just waiting for the stuff form the next wave I want.

-M

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^That Human Torch is one of my favorite figures of him ever made. That translucent look really works well at that scale with the limited articulation.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                ^That Human Torch is one of my favorite figures of him ever made. That translucent look really works well at that scale with the limited articulation.

Chris
                                It works much better for Torch than it did for Iceman. I don't like the Iceman fig for this line and its one of the ones I have passed on several times even though I have seen it in the wild.

-M

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎