Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.75 f POA Marvel Legends channel some Pocket Hero Goodness

These are EXACTLY what I wanted in a super hero line!! I'm all in for these!

Those cards look eerily similar to what I designed earlier this year...it's like they read my mind!

I just ordered these today actually, I can't afford all of these new toys but this just really hooked me.
    I concur with what some of you were saying earlier, the first thing I thought was that it was a nice cross between various styles from late 70's Pocket Heroes to Secret Wars to even the early ToyBiz stuff, albeit better looking in my opinion.
    Already looking forward to seeing where they go next with this line.

Mine came in yesterday. They all look great. Very pleased with them.

Images
    I got the Cap and Black Panther set, and this is the nicest action figure packaging I have seen in a LONG time. I really dig Super 7's Universal Monsters packaging with those wonderful paintings, but the combination of art and design on these new Marvel figures is second to none.

The only downer is my Cap has some extra flesh paint glop on the bridge of his cowl, and one blue mark on the white wring of his shield. But I'm not opening these anyhow, since the packaging is so gorgeous.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I finally managed to find some of these in the wild. We went up to visit my wife's folks this morning and stopped in their local Walmart on the way back. No luck with Megos there (they had 3, 2 Saru and a beat up Mummy), but I did find a handful of the Marvel Legends retro 3.75 figures. I picked up these two:

The had a couple more Iron Mans and one Electro, but he's not one I wanted, so I left it for someone who did.

-M

Images
    A few weeks back I found most of a case or so at our Wal-Mart and got another Cap to open, as well as Human Torch, Iron Man and Daredevil. These are GREAT figures. They are quite a bit smaller than Secret Wars and Super Powers, but they really do have that feel. I think it's the bright plastic colors that just really POP. Of course the scale and vintage nature evoke Mego Pocket Super Heroes just a bit too. And the packaging...man, oh MAN...these things are even more gorgeous in person than in picks online. I hung the cards on the wall behind my big Marvel shelf.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Found Cyclops recently at Target. Surprised to also see Ant-Man and a Grey Hulk.

Images
    Ant-Man?! omgomgomg
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    This may be an odd appreciation, but I like that the cardback just features a specific character, not waves.

It allows me to cherry-pick more easily, without needling my "collector" ocd lol.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    These are so great. I picked up an iceman for my kiddo.