Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

A few weeks back I found most of a case or so at our Wal-Mart and got another Cap to open, as well as Human Torch, Iron Man and Daredevil. These are GREAT figures. They are quite a bit smaller than Secret Wars and Super Powers, but they really do have that feel. I think it's the bright plastic colors that just really POP. Of course the scale and vintage nature evoke Mego Pocket Super Heroes just a bit too. And the packaging...man, oh MAN...these things are even more gorgeous in person than in picks online. I hung the cards on the wall behind my big Marvel shelf.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Found Cyclops recently at Target. Surprised to also see Ant-Man and a Grey Hulk.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Ant-Man?! omgomgomg
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

This may be an odd appreciation, but I like that the cardback just features a specific character, not waves.

It allows me to cherry-pick more easily, without needling my "collector" ocd lol.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mego
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 16, 2012

These are so great. I picked up an iceman for my kiddo.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

These are pretty neat and the card art alone makes it worth wanting it.

Comment

• mego
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 16, 2012

Spider-Man and Carol Danvers?! Came home with me yesterday. (Target, back wall with the “collectible” stuff).
                They are incredibly nice figures... really nice paint/graphics and great materials. My kids definitely gonna put em thru some abuse. Hahaha. Looking forward to getting more of these.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

They're barely resistable.

I see Vision and Bullseye are upcoming, wow.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Saw Iceman yesterday and already regret not snagging it. Still can't find Spider-Man or either Hulk.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

I was in a Walmart yesterday that had two figure box sets that I guess are the same or similar to what HASBRO sold online. Iron Man came with Cyclops or Black Panther. I think Black Panther was also available with Captain America. I didn’t have time to look that close but there was at least four two-figure packs.

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by phil
                        I was in a Walmart yesterday that had two figure box sets that I guess are the same or similar to what HASBRO sold online. Iron Man came with Cyclops or Black Panther. I think Black Panther was also available with Captain America. I didn’t have time to look that close but there was at least four two-figure packs.
                        I saw the Iron Man/Panther 2 pack a couple days ago at the Wallyworld closet to us, but passed as I already had Iron Man. Luckily today at the Wallyworld on the other side of town, I found this...

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Apparently there is variant packaging out there for Panther, a friend of mine got this one from Target...

which is different than the one I picked up at Walmart.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

And he now informs me, there is a third Panther variant, out there too, this one has a different paint job on the figure as well...

-M

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

^That one is superb.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

The one with the black gloves is from the Pulse exclusive pack.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎