X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

3.75 f POA Marvel Legends channel some Pocket Hero Goodness

If Pocket Heroes and Secret Wars had a baby. Well Played Hasbro.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Those are SOOOOO good.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

They look great!
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Those are SOOOOO good.
        Beautiful. These will FLY off the shelves.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I just saw these this morning as well! Man, the card art is really nice and the figures look great! Kind of Secret Wars like, but even more appealing as far as I’m concerned.

I’m so curious as to how they will handle The Hulk or The Thing!
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I’m so curious as to how they will handle The Hulk or The Thing!
            Yes, will it just be unique legs for each with painted rock details or more original sculpting?

Ach, I'm alreading imagining Daredevil in this format.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Looks as though the gloved hands plug into the forearms to accommodate various gauntlet styles.

Comment

• fun guy
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 24, 2011

These look cool.i hope they end up at retail.

Comment

• mego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 16, 2012

Cant wait to get these for my kiddo. These look great!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

There is just a smidge of Super Powers in the mix too, which makes sense. just imagine Kenner going Marvel instead of DC and eschewing a gimmick, and sticking with their Star Wars scale.

i love these!
                    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

These are EXACTLY what I wanted in a super hero line!! I'm all in for these!

Those cards look eerily similar to what I designed earlier this year...it's like they read my mind!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 1, 2005

I just ordered these today actually, I can't afford all of these new toys but this just really hooked me.
                        I concur with what some of you were saying earlier, the first thing I thought was that it was a nice cross between various styles from late 70's Pocket Heroes to Secret Wars to even the early ToyBiz stuff, albeit better looking in my opinion.
                        Already looking forward to seeing where they go next with this line.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

Mine came in yesterday. They all look great. Very pleased with them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I got the Cap and Black Panther set, and this is the nicest action figure packaging I have seen in a LONG time. I really dig Super 7's Universal Monsters packaging with those wonderful paintings, but the combination of art and design on these new Marvel figures is second to none.

The only downer is my Cap has some extra flesh paint glop on the bridge of his cowl, and one blue mark on the white wring of his shield. But I'm not opening these anyhow, since the packaging is so gorgeous.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

I finally managed to find some of these in the wild. We went up to visit my wife's folks this morning and stopped in their local Walmart on the way back. No luck with Megos there (they had 3, 2 Saru and a beat up Mummy), but I did find a handful of the Marvel Legends retro 3.75 figures. I picked up these two:

The had a couple more Iron Mans and one Electro, but he's not one I wanted, so I left it for someone who did.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎