Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I fully support his line, but IMO they faltered a little with the Green Goblin and Dr. Doom designs: Doom's colors and hood-sculpt seem off, and Goblin should have been on the belted "medium physique" buck, with perhaps a few scaled decals on his upper arms and thighs.

I'm happy to hear of Luke Cage/Power Man--hope we get Iron Fist, too.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 27, '22, 9:35 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I preorder one Ghost Rider. That bike sold me.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I only wish Ghost Rider came with a swappable Johnny Blaze head, like the 70s rack toy. I'm going to have to get it, either way.
        sigpic

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Glad to see Dr. Doom.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Ghost Rider is available through Amazon as well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Thanks for the heads-up. Canceled my Pulse order, and went with Amazon. The money saved will almost buy me another Retro ML.
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I only wish Ghost Rider came with a swappable Johnny Blaze head, like the 70s rack toy. I'm going to have to get it, either way.
                That would have been pitch perfect.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Boris71
                  GeekBot' For Life
                  • May 13, 2007

Just pre-ordered the ghost rider, just impatiently waiting for spider woman and Luke cage to come out now
                  Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Usually waves are 6 figures--four new with two reissues. Is the next wave Doom, Cage, Spider-Woman, and Ghost Rider? Or is Ghost Rider separate like the Sentinel?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jase
                      Museum Patron
                      • Sep 22, 2021

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Usually waves are 6 figures--four new with two reissues. Is the next wave Doom, Cage, Spider-Woman, and Ghost Rider? Or is Ghost Rider separate like the Sentinel?
                      The next wave is Doom, PM Cage, Spider-Woman, and repeat figure(s), due out in early 2023. Ghost Rider is a stand alone release (like Sentinel) due in June 2023.

Comment

• Jase
                        Museum Patron
                        • Sep 22, 2021

Doctor Doom, Spider-Woman, Power Man, and Ghost Rider w/Bike all hit my BBTS POL last week!

Comment

• Jase
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 22, 2021

Official word from Hasbro - this line is now taking a “rest.”

I doubt it will ever be back. :(

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

That's unfortunate, I was hoping for Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Namor, additional X-Men, many others.

I still don't have Dr. Doom.

Some of the comments I read online about the demise seemed dismissive, bordering on cruel. I was surprised.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 7, '23, 7:36 PM.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

This bums me out, but I m still a wave behind having not seen most of the last wave in the wild. I did notice that our local Walmart clearanced out what they had of older waves at $5 a pop in their last toy reset. So this doesn't shock me.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

Thankfully I was able to get all the ones I wanted ( mostly from BBTS and some in the wild ). PNGwynne... I read some of those same comments about the demise of the line. I have seen a lot of mean and hateful comments over the two and a half years the line has existed. For some reason most of those kind of people can't understand why the line exists because Kenner never had the Marvel license. So what if Kenner never had it. It's a " what if Kenner had the Marvel license in the 80s " line. The highly detailed hyper real super articulated modern action figure crowd just doesn't understand the retro toys. I love modern highly detailed figures and collect quite a few of the lines but the retro stuff is dearest to my heart. Im really going to miss the Retro Marvel Legends.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎