X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Silver Age Green Arrow

Getting close to completing the Silver Age League: Green Arrow. He's pretty much the same figure I made many years ago for my Seven Soldiers of Victory, just with a different head choice and a different way of making the hat, as the golden age GA and the version in the early days of the League are the same costume. LJN head (Desoto from Emergency, I think) with the framework of the hat sculpted on. The arrows, except for the boxing glove, all fit in the quiver.
    sagreenarrow1.jpg
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Wow I love the arrows!!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego Monster
      • Aug 26, 2020

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Getting close to completing the Silver Age League: Green Arrow. He's pretty much the same figure I made many years ago for my Seven Soldiers of Victory, just with a different head choice and a different way of making the hat, as the golden age GA and the version in the early days of the League are the same costume. LJN head (Desoto from Emergency, I think) with the framework of the hat sculpted on. The arrows, except for the boxing glove, all fit in the quiver.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28796[/ATTACH]
      It looks great but what is the wire hook on the back for?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

He looks terrific, and I respect the effort put into his hat. Also like the distinct arrows.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Just keeps getting more awesome.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Mego Monster
            It looks great but what is the wire hook on the back for?
            Hanging him up from the ceiling. It's just sewn on.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            He looks terrific, and I respect the effort put into his hat. Also like the distinct arrows.
            A holdover from when I was a kid and made GA a set of trick arrows. I recall an exploding arrow with a GI Joe hand grenade glued to the tip...
            Last edited by scott metzger; Sep 21, '20, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Very nicely done, love the arrows too.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Another homerun Scott, the different arrows are an awesome touch
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I was looking again today at your customs and thinking how blessed we are to have you regularly posting and sharing your work here. Particularly when I look back at photos of your work that Charlee shared with me decades ago and I realize how long you've been a part of the custom community. Thank you!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I was looking again today at your customs and thinking how blessed we are to have you regularly posting and sharing your work here. Particularly when I look back at photos of your work that Charlee shared with me decades ago and I realize how long you've been a part of the custom community. Thank you!
                    I'm blushing and humbled. The kind words are very much appreciated.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Cool work as usual.

Comment

• battmasterson
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 22, 2010

Very cool. Looks like a classic Mego.

Comment

Working...