Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTU Origins Wave 3 carded images. She-Ra, Mer-Man, Zodak and Roboto.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU Origins Wave 3 carded images. She-Ra, Mer-Man, Zodak and Roboto.

Pics started making the rounds on twitter and facebook. I think the images originated from Toy Wiz.

Toys, Action Figures, Games, Pokemon Cards, YuGiOh, Magic, Funko, Star Wars, WWE Wrestling,

Looks like the retail release of She-Ra will have molded hair.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
    Pics started making the rounds on twitter and facebook. I think the images originated from Toy Wiz.

Toys, Action Figures, Games, Pokemon Cards, YuGiOh, Magic, Funko, Star Wars, WWE Wrestling,

Looks like the retail release of She-Ra will have molded hair.
    So happy about the molded hair! I want all the PoP characters to match Teela and Evil-Lyn.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
      So happy about the molded hair! I want all the PoP characters to match Teela and Evil-Lyn.

I feel the same way. And with She-ra, can Hordak be far behind?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I liked the rooted hair on the original POP figures. I think rooted hair and fabric outfits works better depending on the figure. For example, I hope they give Grizzlor fur if he gets made. I do think they will get to the Horde. Too popular of characters not to. My concern is how deep they will go with POP figures. I hope we at least get Catra, Bow and Swift Wind.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Surely they'd include Bow--I always picture him when I think of the original line. I've said before I wasn't really into POP, but I knew him with She-Ra, so I'd think he (along with Swift Wind) would be up there on the short list.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

I'm liking the look of all of them, She-Ra looks amazing.
            I'm excited about Zodac......probably one of the only people excited about that character, lol.
            He was my first MOTU figure I ever got when I was a kid so I'm partial to that one.
            I saw someone post on FB that they're doing a deluxe Ram Man too, though I haven't seen a pic of yet?

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
              I saw someone post on FB that they're doing a deluxe Ram Man too, though I haven't seen a pic of yet?
              You can see pics of deluxe Ram Man, Clamp Champ, Battle Armor Skeletor and Battle Armor He-Man here.

Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 30, '20, 2:29 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Why are these deluxe--because of integral action features or larger accessories?

By that thinking, Webstor, Whiplash, and several others would be deluxe.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Why are these deluxe--because of integral action features or larger accessories?
                  Roboto does have his classic action feature and is still a basic $14.99 figure but he doesn't come with all the extra heads and accessories. So, I'm guessing, it's probably a mix of both. More complicated action features plus extra accessories.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Aha, OK--thanks! I was thinking there might be tiers for characters like Kobra Khan, battle armors, etc.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 30, '20, 2:18 PM.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      You can see pics of deluxe Ram Man, Clamp Champ, Battle Armor Skeletor and Battle Armor He-Man here.

https://toynewsi.com/241-36973
                      Thanks much!! So glad they're doing the Battle Armor figures too, those were also favorites back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎