X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

RIP Terry Goodkind

I was saddened to learn of his passing. I love his Sword of Truth universe.

a statement on his FB page

his morning, Thursday, September 17th, we lost Terry Goodkind. It is a great loss. An unimaginable loss. It is impossible to put into few words just how amazing of a man, a husband, a writer, a friend, and a human, Terry Goodkind truly was. He is already desperately missed. We are forever grateful for him having shared his life’s work with all of us, as he was always grateful to be held in our hearts.

“To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here, we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we can have. Cherish it for what it truly is . . . Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.” - Terry Goodkind

https://www.tor.com/2020/09/17/terry...eath-obituary/
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed Legend of the Seeker, I totally missed that it was adapted. I'll check out the novels.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

the show was very loosely based on the books. the books are far more violent. lot's of sex. all stuff they could not really put on a syndicated show. I only just recently learned there were 3 more series that had come out, after the original 11 novels. so of course I had to re-read those and get the additional 13 books. I am on book 3 of 4 for the final series and had actually just gotten the last book in the mail yesterday.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎