Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Identify These Vintage Action Figure Accessories?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Can You Identify These Vintage Action Figure Accessories?

I got these little red plastic accessories in a box of vintage Big Jim stuff, but I don't think they belong to him. Maybe another similar-size action figure. They appear to be for a race car driver set. There's a tool box, fire extinguisher, gas cans, fuel nozzle, first aid kit, etc. I searched through Google images. The only thing I found similar was LJN's Emergency set has a fuel tank that looks just like the one I have, but it doesn't have the other items. Any ideas?
    IMG_20200915_032711.jpg
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

They look like the accessories from the Ideal Evel Knievel Scramble Van.

http://evelknievelstuntcycle.com/197...-scramble-van/

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Makernaut
      They look like the accessories from the Ideal Evel Knievel Scramble Van.

http://evelknievelstuntcycle.com/197...-scramble-van/
      Thank you! That must be it! There was a loose Evil Knievel head in the box, too! I knew someone in this group would know!

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by RonnyG
        Thank you! That must be it! There was a loose Evil Knievel head in the box, too! I knew someone in this group would know!
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 27, 2009

The only ones that are not Evel are the large fire extinguisher tank missing it's hoe, that is likely LJN Emergency! and the big hook, and I have no idea where that comes from but it's not the Scramble Van. I do not remember the sticker on the gas tank and emergency kit either, i also do not remmeber them coming with the Scramble van, so they may be from something else or the stickers added.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Thanks for confirming that the extinguisher is from the Emergency set. You guys are awesome!

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Part 2. Here's some more vintage '70s toy parts I need help identifying (all came in a box of Big Jim/GI Joe stuff).
              The long, orange box says ideal on the bottom. The red, u-shaped piece looks like it goes on the front of a vehicle or spaceship? The round grill has a sticker of a steak and hot dogs on it.

IMG_20200917_163139.jpgIMG_20200917_163214.jpgIMG_20200917_163315.jpg

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎