X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Rocket Tubes Question

How many of you had Micronauts Rocket Tubes as a kid? Did it work as advertised?

rockettubes.jpg
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

We got rocket tubes the Christmas they came out. We had issues with our set originally, but my dad figured out that the top and bottom were not sealed tight enough... so he strategically clamped them shut with packing tape and then they mostly worked. He was really good at jury rigging toys like that.

Unfortunately, even once you got it working, there really wasn't much "play value" in rocket tubes. It was really cool to watch for a few minutes. Then you rearranged the track a bit... then you got bored. We mostly used it like the microrail to put underneath our micronaut city.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I remember getting them and setting them up and it mostly working. However, I don't remember playing with it much.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

That was a Micronaut thing I never got, either as a kid or adult. Cool ,but just never seemed to fit the line.

Comment

• Collector Canine
          • Aug 21, 2020

I feel that, compared to Takara's Microman designs that Mego imported, Mego's original designs meant to work with Takara's are neat toys, but fit in rather poorly. I suppose it doesn't help that I was aware of Microman before I was aware of Micronauts. I'm too young to have been around when Mego's Micronauts were on store shelves. I was a toddler during the Palisades run. I had no clue Micronauts even existed until about 4 or 5 years ago, yet knew about Microman almost a good year before. I'm far more familiar with Microman than I am with Micronauts. I still find out about Micronauts toys and other Western uses of Microman molds I didn't know about before almost every other week! I literally have spent hours upon hours memorizing the Microman stuff as best as I could. I have yet to give Micronauts that sort of attention.
          Last edited by Collector Canine; Sep 19, '20, 1:46 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I suppose I would agree regarding the rocket tubes, but I think Mego's original Aliens figures & vehicles are fantastic.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Collector Canine
              • Aug 21, 2020

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I suppose I would agree regarding the rocket tubes, but I think Mego's original Aliens figures & vehicles are fantastic.
              I've seen... Membros I think? I haven't given any of Mego's original aliens much of a look. Membros(?) looks fine to me, though. Just not an aesthetic I'm personally into. Some of Mego's original vehicles are really cool, but don't fit in with Takara's designs aesthetically at all to me. If I had a Microman collection and some of Mego's original stuff, they would almost certainly never be displayed together in my collection. That's just my two cents, though.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎