X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

RIP Dianna Rigg

I loved her on "The Avengers!" She was just fantastic as Emma Peel! I also liked her on "Game of Thrones." She was always a very under-utilized actress. She was 82-years-old.
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

My first crush. I just loved her. She was just so confident in the Avengers and was the best Bond girl ever. I’m glad she got to play such a great part in Game of Thrones toward the end of her career.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I think she may have made several of us question the belief that girls have cooties.

She was sooo good in GOT. I agree, it was nice she got to show off her acting chops in a high profile show one last time.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Didn't she used to host Mystery on PBS ?

Love her as Mrs James Bond too

RIP

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I also really enjoyed her performance in Theater of Blood with Vincent Price.

RIP.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Oh, me too.

I'm watching Evil Under the Sun tonight and then trying to decide between OHMSS and Theatre of Blood.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

What an actress. What a woman.
              Legend.
              R.I.P.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I was madly in love with her way back in the day...one of the true beauties...and what an iconic role in The Avengers.

She came back with a vengeance and turned up another great performance in Game of Thrones decades later.

Yes, in she was great in everything...although like great_chandel said, she was greatly underutilized, she should’ve had a greater A-list movie career. I believe Her On Majesty’s Secret Service was her biggest movie.

What a great lady...
                sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

This one is very sad for me. I can think of so many things she took part in that I like--Game of Thrones, one of the best Bond Girls, Great Muppet Caper, Doctor Who, a fabulous Regan opposite Olivier's Lear, and one of my favorite horror films, Theatre of Blood--but I'll always remember her first and foremost as Emma Peel, for me the ultimate Avengers partner to John Steed. Mrs. Peel, you're missed.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎