X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Diana Rigg / Emma Peel Has Passed

I don't know if this level of work is ever going to be attainable again. Incredible talent that embodied an entire other element to British actors that very few have reached.

Diana Rigg, the Tony and Emmy winner who splashed into the world of television with her commanding turn as intelligence agent Emma Peel on "The Avengers" in the 1960s and played Lady Olenna Tyrell on "Game of Thrones" decades later, has died, BBC News reported Thursday. She was 82.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Iconic, and I always enjoyed her work. She's in at least three of my favorite films, and her run on The Avengers defined the show. I saw her most recently on Victoria (PBS). I'll miss her, RIP Ms. Rigg.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 10, '20, 10:10 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• YoungOnce
      Career Member
      • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      She's in at least three of my favorite films
      Without looking things up, I'm guessing "Her Majesty's Secret Service" is one of those...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes! We have two threads on her, she's that good. OHMSS is one of my favorite Bond films and easily my favorite without Connery.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎