X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Mezco 1:12 Doc Nocturnal

Mezco is really great at taking things that are floating in the ether of pop culture and funneling them into one awesome design. I'm probably not going to buy this, but man, this is one cool looking character! Reminds me of the Crimson Ghost meets Red X from Teen Titans animated.

Straight from the serial screens, radio shows, and pulp pages of yesteryear, comes the hunter of horrors - Doc Nocturnal. Hidden away in the Nocturnal Tower, the Phantom Knight quietly observes the infernal region for anomalies while perfecting the ancient practice of necro-alchemy. The One:1

Chris
    sigpic
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Nice original design for sure, that evokes different eras.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Not really a fan of these figures or their scale, but I like the design and concept, pulp always appeals to me. Thanks for sharing!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The Fwoosh already has a video review! I was surprised to see this on my lunch break:

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• melstapler
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 2, 2014

Doc Nocturnal looks great. I'm assuming they used the Gomez-style body for him, based on the photos. Sadly, it's another exclusive piece which typically keeps the price much higher than their standard 1:12 releases. For that price, at least it includes an official Doc Nocturnal t-shirt.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

$250 for a six inch figure? LOL they can keep it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
              $250 for a six inch figure? LOL they can keep it.
              Yeah that's insane. Not a licensed figure either, so it should be cheaper. Guess they think they are Hot Toys now.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Is anyone else thinking that one could kitbash a pretty nice 1/9 Mego version of this, calling him Doc Nocturne which to my ears has a better ring to it?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Is anyone else thinking that one could kitbash a pretty nice 1/9 Mego version of this, calling him Doc Nocturne which to my ears has a better ring to it?
                  Already ahead of you, sir! Got a cape, got a skull head, got the gloves and boots and bodysuit. Just need to figure out how to do the spider-web vest!
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I was thinking of doing a 9 inch figure of it.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Red Hulk
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 19, 2012

He's pretty cool he reminds me of 1930s/40s Batman villian.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Fwoosh host Robo said the price is $125...which is still nuts, but not totally insane.

But great idea about making our own Mego versions. Hmm....

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Pretty much everything for a Doc Nocturnal Mego is out there. It's the leather vest/skirt that has me scratching my head - gots to have the spiderweb pattern!
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^Some kind of permanent marker/gel pen is my suggestion, on pleather.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              ^Some kind of permanent marker/gel pen is my suggestion, on pleather.
                              That's what I was thinking - probably the best way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎